This portal includes concise profiles of lawsuits in which companies are accused of human rights abuses, and expert commentaries.
Legal accountability news
- Ecuador: Corte federal de Estados Unidos falla a favor de Chevron; los representantes de las víctimas apelarán el fallo; incluye texto de la sentencia en inglés
- USA: Appeals court rejects BP's attempt to block claims for losses suffered during Deepwater Horizon oil spill
- US court blocks enforcement of Ecuadorian judgment against Chevron over oil pollution in Amazon rainforest
New case profiles:
- Aerial spraying ban lawsuit (re banana companies in Philippines)
Updated case profiles:
- Cisco Systems lawsuits (re China): Lawsuit filed on behalf of the three jailed Chinese writers dismissed
- Thomson Safaris lawsuits (re Maasai in Tanzania): Communities file new lawsuit against Thomson Safaris & owners in the US to obtain information re land transfer
Skip the search form if you do not want to read it as the next section.