This portal includes concise profiles of lawsuits in which companies are accused of human rights abuses, and expert commentaries.
Legal accountability news
- L’Union internationale des avocats lance un appel à contributions pour le prix international Jacques Leroy - Droits de l’homme et monde des affaires
- El Salvador: Over 300 civil society groups accuse Pacific Rim of "assault on democracy" for its lawsuit in World Bank tribunal against the State over the country's rejection of gold mine permission
- Ecuadorean plaintiffs in DynCorp lawsuit in USA contest court's ruling dismissing claims for injuries allegedly caused by toxic herbicide used by company
New case profiles:
- Kenya Pipeline Company lawsuit (re explosion & fire in Nairobi)
- Novartis lawsuit (re India patent law & access to medicine)
- Tazreen Fashions lawsuit (re factory fire in Bangladesh)
Updated case profiles:
- Cisco Systems lawsuits (re China): Lawsuit filed on behalf of the three jailed Chinese writers dismissed
- Thomson Safaris lawsuits (re Maasai in Tanzania): Communities file new lawsuit against Thomson Safaris & owners in the US to obtain information re land transfer
Skip the search form if you do not want to read it as the next section.