Related stories and components
Civil society faces increasing difficulty in performing role 'effectively', report on 5 EU countries finds; highlights link to social & labour rights
Civil society in five EU countries say they face increasing difficulty in carrying out their role effectively due to 'insufficient meaningful participation' in decision-making processes, and claim national authorities do not sufficiently prioritise the...
Romania: Second forest ranger killed trying to stop illegal logging of wood, used in furniture, paper & building materials across Europe
Author: Stephen McGrath, BBC
"Romania forest murder as battle over logging turns violent", 21 Oct 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
Widespread mistreatment, unpaid overtime & bullying reported at Romanian & Bulgarian garment factories; Includes comments from Benetton & Hugo Boss
Author: Elisa Oddone, Al Jazeera
"Made in Eastern Europe: Garment workers denied basic rights", 22 September 2019...
Verisk Maplecroft's Human Rights Outlook 2019 says risks spread for businesses & civil society as more countries embrace authoritarian tactics
Author: Verisk Maplecroft
"‘Strongmen’ regimes lead charge against freedom of speech and privacy: Human Rights Outlook 2019", 07 Aug 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on freedom of association Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news on modern slavery & forced labour Latest news on natural resources Latest news on Pacific Business & Human Rights Technology and Human Rights Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: AngloGold Ashanti BHP Billiton Yamana Gold
Author: Naf Naf
- This is a non response from the following companies: Naf Naf
Romania: Report finds poor wages, forced labour, unpaid overtime & other abuses in garment sector; Incl. co. responses
Clean Clothes Campaign has released a factsheet on Romania's garment industry, based on interviews with 78 female garment workers, between September 2017 and June 2018. All seven factories were producing apparel for Western European markets. The resea...
Author: Benetton Group
... We select our suppliers not only based on product quality, competitive prices and transparency, but also on their compliance with social, ethical and environmental principles. A list of our active suppliers located all over the world is available...
- This is a response from the following companies: Benetton
Author: Max Mara
We received your dossier and we can say, first of all, that we appreciate very much your activity in favour of the respect of the human rights in general....
- This is a response from the following companies: Max Mara Fashion Group
Author: International Federation for Human Rights (FIDH)
On what criteria should investment decisions be made? How should states rank when it comes to non-financial information? What indicators should be used? The objective of the present study is to establish a methodology and classification system that...