Related stories and components
Author: Open For Business (USA)
"Channels of Influence: How Companies Can Promote LGBT+ Inclusive Societies", Mar 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Accenture adidas Alibaba.com Amazon.com American Express AT&T Barclays Best Buy BlackRock Brunswick Burberry Danone Deutsche Bank Diageo eBay EY (Ernst & Young) Facebook Godrej & Boyce Google (part of Alphabet) H&M Huawei Technologies IBM Inditex Infosys KPMG LinkedIn (part of Microsoft) Marriott MasterCard McKinsey Microsoft MTN Nokia PayPal (part of eBay) PricewaterhouseCoopers Safaricom Shell Standard Chartered Starbucks Tesco The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) Unilever Virgin Group Walmart Woolworths Group
Commentary: Democratic nations must get ahead of the technology curve to address emerging threats by authoritarian regimes
Author: Laura Rosenberger, OpenGlobalRights
“Failure to act: getting ahead of technological threats to democracy,” 6 March 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights Technology and Human Rights: Artificial Intelligence
- Related companies: Twitter
Novalpina Capital comments on letter regarding its buyout of NSO Group, sued for enabling surveillance of activists
Author: Alex Plough, Yifan Yu & Mariana Valle, Debtwire (UK)
"Israeli Spyware Firm NSO Group Confronts Controversial Past As It Seeks $500 Million Buyout Loan", 25 Feb 2019...
Citizen Lab targeted by undercover operatives after exposing NSO Group's connection to Khashoggi’s murder
Author: Raphael Satter, The Associated Press, in Seattle Times (USA)
"APNewsBreak: Undercover agents target cybersecurity watchdog", 25 Jan 2019...
- Related stories: NSO Group allegedly provided software to Saudi Govt. to spy on Khashoggi; Citizen Lab who reported it in turn targeted by undercover agents
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: NSO Group