Related stories and components
Thailand’s Supreme Court acquits Andy Hall in criminal defamation & computer crimes case filed by Natural Fruit
"Thailand's Supreme Court rules in favour of Andy Hall in criminal defamation and computer crimes case", 30 June 2020...
- Related stories: Natural Fruit Company lawsuits (re defamation suits against Andy Hall, Thailand) Thai Court orders defender Andy Hall's payment of 10 million baht in damages to Natural Fruit co.; companies & business associations express concern
- Related in-depth areas: Business and Human Rights in Southeast Asia Latest Legal News
Thailand: Ministry of Justice refuses compensation to human trafficking survivor claiming victim entered the country illegally
Author: Human Rights and Development Foundation
"Ministry of Justice refuses to compensate an injured person who is a survivor of human trafficking and rape, claiming the girl voluntarily entered Thailand illegally", 24 June 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Business and Human Rights in Southeast Asia
“Impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic on small-scale producers and workers: Perspectives from Thailand’s seafood supply chain”, June 2020...
Cambodia: Thai govt. allows over 100,000 migrants from Cambodia & Myanmar to continue working beyond their expired employment permits amid COVID-19
Author: Khmer Times
"Cambodian migrants get nod to remain", 22 June 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Migrant workers
Author: Maysa Zorob, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
The judicial harassment of human rights defenders (HRDs) holding business to account has increased by 84% in 2019 compared to the previous year, reaching a five-year high. Amidst the global COVID-19 pandemic, companies and governments around the world...
Commentary: ASEAN Intergovernmental Commission on Human Rights ready to become a stronger human rights mechanism
Author: Eric Paulsen, The Jakarta Post
"AICHR ready to become stronger human rights mechanism", 13 June 2020...
South-East Asia: Research & webinar discuss legal frameworks to protect defenders against Strategic Lawsuits against public participation
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre & United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
"SLAPPs in Southeast Asia: Legal Frameworks to Protect HRDs", 12 June 2020...
- Related stories: Strategic lawsuits against public participation (SLAPPs) are on the rise, while resistance around the world mounts
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
Author: Jennifer Hattam, Equal Times
«Le harcèlement judiciaire, nouvelle arme contre les défenseurs des droits» 8 juin 2020...
- Related stories: Betagro & Thammakaset lawsuits (re labour exploitation in Thailand) Thai company Thammakaset must stop harassment of human rights defenders who expose labour rights abuses - NGOs Thammakaset lawsuits against former workers (re defamation on labour conditions, Thailand) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Dernières infos juridiques Dernières infos sur les défenseurs des droits de l'homme
- Related companies: Thammakaset 2
Asia & Europe: Strategic lawsuits are on the rise, causing breakdown of trust between rights defenders & business, but more alliances are needed
Author: Jennifer Hattam, Equal Times
"See you in court: a rise in legal attacks against rights defenders aims to silence corporate critics", June 8, 2020...
- Related stories: Betagro & Thammakaset lawsuits (re labour exploitation in Thailand) Thammakaset lawsuits against former workers (re defamation on labour conditions, Thailand)
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: "S Group" Betagro Group Natural Fruit Thammakaset 2
Asia: COVID-19 pandemic must not serve as an excuse to vilify defenders who champion rights-based approaches in business practices
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre & Asian Forum for Human Rights and Development
"COVID-19: Protection of human rights defenders must no longer be ignored" 05 Jun 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Human rights defenders & civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: adidas