Related stories and components
Italy: During COVID-19, women continue to face unequal share of housework and childcare, resulting in potentially negative impact on formal employment
Author: VoxEU, Centre for Economic Policy Research (UK)
Women’s work, housework, and childcare before and during COVID-19, 19 June 2020...
Author: Maysa Zorob & Andrea Hearon, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
The devastating human rights implications of the global COVID-19 pandemic have been thoroughly documented:Civil society has exposed the failure of many governments to protect their citizens and of many businesses to respect human rights in accordance...
- Related stories: Strategic lawsuits against public participation (SLAPPs) are on the rise, while resistance around the world mounts
- Related in-depth areas: Blogs COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Celebrity Cruises (part of Royal Caribbean Cruises) McDonald's Walmart
Author: The Economist (UK)
Hitting the poorest hardest: Italy’s informal workers fall back on charity, 6 June 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response
Reform of EU Non-Financial Reporting Directive should be aligned with future due diligence legislation, brief argues
Author: European Coalition for Corporate Justice (ECCJ)
"Moving forward with the EU Non-Financial Reporting Directive: Enforcement & review", June 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on mandatory human rights due diligence
- Related companies: Grupo ACS Prada Salvatore Ferragamo SpA
Italy: Unions call for regularisation of migrant workers in response to poor conditions, pandemic hazards
Author: Hsiao-Hung Pai, openDemocracy (UK)
Italy’s all too revealing call for regularising migrant labour, 6 May 2020...
Europe: COVID-19 fuels tensions over migrant farm labour as concerns over exploitation & inadequate safeguards grow
Author: Rory Carroll, Sam Jones, Lorenzo Tondo, Kate Connolly & Kit Gillet - The Guardian
"Covid-19 crisis stokes European tensions over migrant labour", 11 May 2020...
COVID-19 highlights lack of social protections for Roma communities facing increased health risks, economic deprivation & stigmatisation
Author: Shaun Walker, The Guardian
"Europe's marginalised Roma people hit hard by coronavirus", 11 May 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak
Author: Patrick Lingibe, Juritravail (France)
« CJUE : discrimination à l'embauche fondée sur l'orientation sexuelle », 4 mai 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Dernières infos juridiques