Related stories and components
USA: Lower court rules Intl. Finance Corporation is immune from suit in Indian fishermen's lawsuit over pollution from coal-powered plant
Author: EarthRights International
'Farmers and Fishermen to Challenge World Bank Group Immunity Ruling', 18 Feb 2020...
- Related stories: Intl. Finance Corp. lawsuit (re financing of coal-fired plant in India)
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
Author: Luciana Téllez Chávez, Human Rights Watch
« Des banques de développement réagissent aux abus perpétrés dans les plantations d'huile de palme en RD Congo », 17 décembre 2019...
- Related stories: Democratic Republic of Congo: HRW report alleges European development banks are failing to protect Feronia workers on palm oil plantations RDC: Selon un rapport, des banques européennes financent une entreprise d’huile de palme qui viole les droits de ses travailleurs et pollue l'environnement
- Related companies: Belgian Investment Company for Developing countries (BIO) DEG (part of KfW) Feronia FMO KfW
Kenya: IFC's Compliance Advisor Ombudsman to investigate Bridge International Academies alleged violation of labour & safety standards
Author: Sophie Edwards, Devex
"Watchdog to investigate IFC support for Bridge private schools in Kenya"...
- Related companies: Bridge International Academies
Philippines: Alarming number of fatal attacks against environmental defenders related to agribusiness, mining & logging
The new Global Witness report denounces that in 2018, 30 land and environmental defenders were killed in the Philippines, making it the country with the highest number of such killings in the world. Their new investigation shows that mining,...
Author: Global Witness
Violence against land and environmental defenders is a systemic problem, spanning many different regions of the country and many different industries, and the army uses force to silence activism. 52 defenders have been killed extra-judicially in the...
- Related stories: Philippines: Alarming number of fatal attacks against environmental defenders related to agribusiness, mining & logging
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Women human rights defenders
- Related companies: Del Monte Foods Dole Philippines (see Dolefil) Itochu JPMorgan Chase San Miguel Corporation Standard Chartered
Author: ONU, en Asociación Ambiente y Sociedad (Colombia)
“Los compromisos de América Latina en la Cumbre sobre la Acción Climática” - 23 de septiembre de 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Climate change