Related stories and components
ABN AMRO's conference focuses on business role in improving situation of civic freedoms & human rights defenders
ABN AMRO, a leading Dutch bank, organized a conference entitled 'Civic Freedom and Human Rights Defenders: What Is the Role of Business?'. The event was organised in collaboration with the Business & Human Rights Resource Centre and International...
UK: Govt. releases guidelines on human rights defenders & outlines support to defenders working on business and human rights
Author: Government of the United Kingdom
"UK Support for Human Rights Defenders", 15 Jul 2019...
Video: How do businesses affect Human Rights Defenders & how could they support them and civic freedoms?
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre interviewed Human Rights Defenders from Singapore, Turkey, Kenya, Uganda and Zimbabwe - visiting defenders at The Centre for Applied Human Rights at the University of York. They shared their views on how...
Author: amfori - Trade with purpose (Belgium)
"Statement in Support of Human Rights Defenders", Jun 2019...
Colombia: Main coal export companies release a joint statement condemning death threats and attacks against Human Rights Defenders
Author: Drummond, CNR, Cerrejon Coal & Prodeco
“Joint Press Release from Coal Exporting Companies against Threats”- May 16, 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Extractives Natural Resources Positive company initiatives
- Related companies: Anglo American BHP Billiton Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore) Colombia Natural Resources, CNR (part of Murray Energy) Drummond Glencore Murray Energy Prodeco (part of Glencore)
Author: Brad Smith, Microsoft
"Tech that makes the world a witness to courtroom injustices across the globe", 25 Apr 2019...
- Related stories: Microsoft announces artificial intelligence powered project to help monitor unfair trials & create pressure on govts.
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Technology and Human Rights: Artificial Intelligence
- Related companies: Microsoft
Author: Diálogo Chino
“China vulnera derechos humanos en Perú” – 07 de febrero de 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas
- Related companies: China Aluminium Corporation (Chinalco) China Minmetals Minerals and Metals Group (MMG) (part of China Minmetals) Rio Blanco Copper (part of Xiamen Zijin Tongguan Investment Development Corporation, part of Zijin Mining Group, Tongling Non-Ferrous Metals Group Holding Co. Ltd. y Xiamen C&D Coperation Ltd.) Shougang Zijin