Related stories and components
Interview: Co's will support EU law on due diligence but need assurances on liability, says sustainability & human rights lead for Mondelez
Author: Benjamin Fox, Euractiv.com
Many companies like ours [Mondelez] are already implementing due diligence measures and we want to avoid a patchwork of legislation at national level…it’s important to have a level playing field....
Author: Rob Davies, The Guardian
"Norway's $1tn wealth fund to divest from oil and gas exploration", 8 March 2019...
Author: Open For Business (USA)
"Channels of Influence: How Companies Can Promote LGBT+ Inclusive Societies", Mar 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Accenture adidas Alibaba.com Amazon.com American Express AT&T Barclays Best Buy BlackRock Brunswick Burberry Danone Deutsche Bank Diageo eBay EY (Ernst & Young) Facebook Godrej & Boyce Google (part of Alphabet) H&M Huawei Technologies IBM Inditex Infosys KPMG LinkedIn (part of Microsoft) Marriott MasterCard McKinsey Microsoft MTN Nokia PayPal (part of eBay) PricewaterhouseCoopers Safaricom Shell Standard Chartered Starbucks Tesco The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) Unilever Virgin Group Walmart Woolworths Group
Author: Bart Edes of ADB, Eco-business
06 March 2019...
Author: Fair Action (Sweden), Fair Finance Guide International, The Future in Our Hands (Norway)
"Shareholders of H&M fail to take responsibility for garment workers’ wages", 31 January 2019...
- Related stories: Bangladesh: Fair Action reports that Nordic banks fail to hold H&M and other brands accountable to living wage promises Bangladesh: Widespread garment worker protests over minimum wage increase; leads to mass dismissals
- Related in-depth areas: Labour rights Living wage
- Related companies: Danske Bank DnB NOR H&M Handelsbanken KappAhl KLP Forsikring Länsförsäkringar Lindex MQ Nordea Bank ODIN Fund Management (part of SpareBank1 Group) SEB Skandia SpareBank 1 Nord-Norge SpareBank 1 SMN SpareBank 1 SR-Bank SpareBank 1 Østlandet Storebrand Swedbank
Bangladesh: Fair Action reports that Nordic banks fail to hold H&M and other brands accountable to living wage promises
In February 2019, Fair Action released a report exploring, among other things, the role of Nordic banks (as shareholders) in holding H&M accountable to its promise to ensure living wages for garment workers in its supply chain by 2018, particula...
Church investors to vote against boards of co's with poor polices on tax transparency, climate change & no female directors
"Church pressures firms on tax and with no women directors", 4 March 2019...
Author: Laura Natumi McTavish, Responsible Investment Analyst, DNB, Norwary
We have had extensive dialogue with Framtiden i Våre Hender to explain our position and how it would be presented in the report. Unfortunately, we believe that the report’s conclusion does not accurately reflect DNB’s position and work with H&M. ...
- Related stories: Bangladesh: Fair Action reports that Nordic banks fail to hold H&M and other brands accountable to living wage promises
- Related in-depth areas: Living wage
- This is a response from the following companies: DnB NOR H&M