Related stories and components
Sudan: CNN investigation alleges Russian company M-Invest drew up plan for deposed government to violently suppress demonstrations
Author: Tim Lister, Sebastian Shukla & Nima Elbagir, CNN
"Fake news and public executions: Documents show a Russian company's plan for quelling protests in Sudan", 25 April 2019....
Reuters claims billions' worth of gold smuggled from Africa to the UAE fuels conflict, violates human rights & endangers environment
Author: David Lewis, Ryan McNeill & Zandi Shabalala, Reuters
"Exclusive: Gold worth billions' smuggled out of Africa", 24 April 2019....
Conflict and mass displacement increase child labour: findings from the first global report on child labour in the Arab States
Author: ILO, Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO), Arab Council for Childhood and Development (ACCD), Arab Labour Organisation (ALO),League of Arab States (LAS)
Conflict and crisis in the Middle East and North Africa has led to an increase in child labour across the region, including in children’s involvement in armed conflict and other illicit activities, a new report finds....
Author: Berhan Taye, Access Now
"Sudan, Bangladesh, DRC, Gabon start 2019 with major digital rights violations", 10 Jan 2019...
UN Special Rapporteur on human rights defenders' global survey highlights role of cos. in attacks in several countries
Author: Michel Forst, UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights Defenders (Switzerland)
"World report on the situation of human rights defenders", 17 Dec 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Compañia de Minas Buenaventura Formosa Plastics Jiew Kang Jue Pattana Co. Ltd. Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont, Sumitomo & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Newmont Sumitomo Group
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Welcome to our Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletin -- highlighting a specific topic each quarter, as well as key developments in corporate legal accountability......
- Related stories: Corporate Legal Accountability Bulletin: The Zero Draft Treaty on Business & Human Rights
- Related in-depth areas: Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletins Latest news on natural resources Latest news on proposed binding treaty Natural Resources
- Related companies: African Rainbow Minerals Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Apple Appleby BHP Billiton CACI Cargill Drummond Energy Resources Capital Gold Fields Harmony Gold KiK Lundin Petroleum Nestlé Oxec (part of Energy Resources Capital) RWE Samsung Total Unilever Vale Vinci
Lundin Petroleum’s executives could be held individually accountable in Sweden for corporate atrocity crimes in So. Sudan, say experts
Author: Miriam Ingeson, Uppsala University & Alexandra Lily Kather, European Center for Constitutional and Human Rights, on EJIL: Talk!
"The Road Less Traveled: How Corporate Directors Could be Held Individually Liable in Sweden for Corporate Atrocity Crimes Abroad", 13 Nov 2018...
- Related stories: Sweden authorises indictment of Lundin Oil executives over alleged complicity in war crimes in So. Sudan; co. denies allegations
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Lundin Petroleum