Related stories and components
Canadian govt. releases guidance for private sector support for human rights defenders & civic freedoms
Author: Global Affairs Canada
"CSR Snapshot #7 – Private Sector Support for Human Rights Defenders: A Primer for Canadian Businesses", 04 Mar 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Women human rights defenders
- Related companies: ABN Amro adidas Airbnb Anglo American Apple Associated British Foods Barrick Gold BMW Cisco Systems Daimler FIFA Goldcorp Leber Jeweler Microsoft Nike Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Tahoe Resources Unilever
“La deuda pendiente del sistema financiero con el medio ambiente” – 08 de marzo de 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias sobre recursos naturales
Author: Rob Davies, The Guardian
"Norway's $1tn wealth fund to divest from oil and gas exploration", 8 March 2019...
Author: Open For Business (USA)
"Channels of Influence: How Companies Can Promote LGBT+ Inclusive Societies", Mar 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Accenture adidas Alibaba.com Amazon.com American Express AT&T Barclays Best Buy BlackRock Brunswick Burberry Danone Deutsche Bank Diageo eBay EY (Ernst & Young) Facebook Godrej & Boyce Google (part of Alphabet) H&M Huawei Technologies IBM Inditex Infosys KPMG LinkedIn (part of Microsoft) Marriott MasterCard McKinsey Microsoft MTN Nokia PayPal (part of eBay) PricewaterhouseCoopers Safaricom Shell Standard Chartered Starbucks Tesco The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) Unilever Virgin Group Walmart Woolworths Group
Commentary: Activists protest Batang Turo Dam project's catastrophic impact on communities & biodiversity
Author: Michelle Chang, South China Morning Post
"China's institutions and banks need help from the world's civil society to ensure the Belt and Road Initiative remains green", 10 March 2019 Activists of 12 countries conducted rallies in London, Hong Kong and Nairobi...to protest financing by Ba...
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas Chinese Investment Overseas: Guidance by government, business, civil society
- Related companies: Bank of China
Author: Bart Edes of ADB, Eco-business
06 March 2019...
Author: Morgan Erickson-Davis, Mongabay
"Norway divests from plantation companies linked to deforestation," 01 March 2019...
“PDVSA trasladará su cuentas bancarias en Moscú a un banco ruso sancionado por Estados Unidos” – 06 de marzo de 2019...
- Related companies: PDVSA (Petróleos de Venezuela)
Author: Fair Action (Sweden), Fair Finance Guide International, The Future in Our Hands (Norway)
"Shareholders of H&M fail to take responsibility for garment workers’ wages", 31 January 2019...
- Related stories: Bangladesh: Fair Action reports that Nordic banks fail to hold H&M and other brands accountable to living wage promises Bangladesh: Widespread garment worker protests over minimum wage increase; leads to mass dismissals
- Related in-depth areas: Labour rights Living wage
- Related companies: Danske Bank DnB NOR H&M Handelsbanken KappAhl KLP Forsikring Länsförsäkringar Lindex MQ Nordea Bank ODIN Fund Management (part of SpareBank1 Group) SEB Skandia SpareBank 1 Nord-Norge SpareBank 1 SMN SpareBank 1 SR-Bank SpareBank 1 Østlandet Storebrand Swedbank