Related stories and components
Slovakia: Prominent businessman charged with murder of journalist & fiancée, amidst further revelations of high-profile corruption
Author: Tatiana Jancarikova, Reuters
"Four charged in Slovak journalist murder that brought down prime minister", 21 October 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
USA government's widened blacklist on Chinese tech companies prompts pension funds to monitor development
Author: Svea Herbst-Bayliss and Tim McLaughlin, Reuters
“U.S. pension funds took positions in blacklisted Chinese surveillance company”, 15 October 2019...
- Related stories: USA government blacklists more Chinese tech companies due to concerns on treatment of Muslim minorities
- Related companies: Hikvision
Author: Jamil Chad, UOL (Brazil)
“Grupo denunciará Vale, empresas e governo em viagem pela Europa”, 11 de outubro de 2019...
- Related stories: BHP Billiton & Vale lawsuit (re dam collapse in Brazil) Brasil: Grupo de atingidos, advogados e ativistas viaja pela Europa e denuncia Vale, empresas e governo por violações de direitos humanos nos casos no Rio Doce e Brumadinho Brasil: Novo mar de lama com rompimento de barragens de minérios da Vale mata dezenas e deixa centenas de pessoas desaparecidas, comunidades e meio ambiente destruídos, inclui comentários da Vale Show moreShow less
- Related companies: TÜV Süd Vale
Victims & NGOs file complaint against BNP Paribas in France over alleged complicity in human rights abuse in Sudan
Indonesia: Peer-to-peer lending marketplace finances green partnership that empowers women coffee growers
Author: Nur Yasmin, Jakarta Globe
"Investree Provides Green Financing to Empower Rural Women", 11 June 2019...
Author: Jonathan Stempel, Reuters
"BNP Paribas must face revived lawsuit over Sudanese genocide", 22 May 2019...
- Related companies: BNP Paribas
Indonesia: Checklist of best practices to better enable sustainability-linked infrastructure financing needed
Author: Muhamad Al Azhari, Jakarta Globe
"Attracting Private Financing for Green Projects Needs Concerted Efforts: HSBC", 10 April 2019...
- Related companies: HSBC
Norway's Government Pension Fund Global recently divested its investment from some companies on the basis that they "impose substantial costs on other companies and society as a whole and so are not long-term sustainable."...
Author: Agnethe Brown Erland, Sustainability Manager, SpareBank 1 SR-Bank, Norwary
We are aware of the problems concerning living wages in the garment industry, and we recognize the importance of working towards better working conditions in the textile industry....
- Related stories: Bangladesh: Fair Action reports that Nordic banks fail to hold H&M and other brands accountable to living wage promises
- Related in-depth areas: Living wage
- This is a response from the following companies: H&M SpareBank 1 SR-Bank
Novalpina statement re: NSO Group...
- Related stories: Novalpina Capital buys spyware co. NSO Group & commits to helping it become more transparent
- This is a response from the following companies: Novalpina Capital