قضايا ومكونات هذه الفئة
الكاتب: Global Education Initiative - World Economic Forum
[Provides details of contributions made by participating companies & organisations: Aramex, British Council, CADER (ChangeAgent for Arab Development and Education Reform), Cisco, Vector Capital, Corel Corporation (part of Vector Capital),...
- تجدونه أيضا: World Economic Forum's "Global Education Initiative" now supporting schools in Jordan, Occupied Territories, Rajasthan (India)- & project planned for Egypt
- الشركات ذات الصلة: Aramex Cisco Systems Corel (part of Vector Capital) Corning Dell DHL (part of Deutsche Post) Estarta Solutions Fastlink France Telecom (now Orange) HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Integrated Technology Group Intel Jordan Telecom Menhaj Technologies Microsoft Nortel Networks Pearson Rubicon Siemens SkillSoft Sun Microsystems Talal Abu-Ghazaleh Vector Capital
الكاتب: T. Christian Miller, Los Angeles Times
U.S.-hired contractors rely on laborers from impoverished countries, but no one looks out for the rights -- or lives -- of the foreigners...Contractors working for the United States, including KBR [Kellogg Brown & Root], a Houston-based subsidiary...
الكاتب: Business Roundtable [USA]
The labor provisions of the Dominican Republic-Central America Free Trade Agreement (DR-CAFTA) protect core labor rights for workers in the United States and the Central American countries and require that labor laws are enforced effectively by all...
الكاتب: Middle East North Africa Financial Network (MENAFN)
The World Economic Forum is releasing today the first ever study that attempts to quantify the size of the "gender gap" in 58 countries. Entitled Women's Empowerment: Measuring the Global Gender Gap, the report measures the size of the gap between...
الكاتب: Frank Jack Daniel, Reuters
Dozens of Guatemalan HIV patients, many with paper bags over their heads to protect their identities, protested on Wednesday at new U.S.-backed trade rules they say rob them of access to medicines...Pharmaceutical companies like Bristol-Myers Squibb,...
- تجدونه أيضا: Guatemala: HIV patients protest new trade laws urged by USA that restrict access to generic medicines - Bristol-Myers Squibb says patent protections needed to fuel innovation
- القضايا المعمقة: Access to medicines - key international standards HIV/AIDS - an introduction
- الشركات ذات الصلة: Bristol-Myers Squibb
الكاتب: Penelope Simons, Canadian Consortium on Human Security, Liu Institute for Global Issues, University of British Columbia
Part I of this paper examines how transnational corporate activity can violate or contribute to violations of human rights and human security...Part II...examines the relationship between the regulation of international trade, TNC activity under trade...
- تجدونه أيضا: Amnesty International documents: Jordan