قضايا ومكونات هذه الفئة
الكاتب: William Baue, SocialFunds.com
In part two of this two-part interview, Mr. Reeves discusses the significance of actions by the investment and legislative communities to address the humanitarian crisis in Sudan. [refers to Calpers, Alcatel, Petronas, Siemens]
الكاتب: William Baue, SocialFunds.com
In part one of this two-part interview, Mr. Reeves explains why shareowner action and direct dialogue with companies operating in Sudan is not an option in the context of genocide. [refers to ABB, Alcatel, PetroChina, Siemens, Tatneft, Talisman]
- تجدونه أيضا: Divest Sudan campaign head: Siemens, ABB, Tatneft, PetroChina, Alcatel must suspend operations in Sudan to pressure Khartoum to stop Darfur genocide Talisman lawsuit (re Sudan)
- الشركات ذات الصلة: ABB Alcatel (now Alcatel-Lucent) PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Siemens Talisman (part of Repsol) Tatneft
[refers to Phillip Morris (part of Altria), McDonald's, Nestlé, Nike, Unocal, Ford, Shell, Monsanto, ExxonMobil, Dow Chemical, Union Carbide (part of Dow Chemical), Talisman, Walt Disney, Swiss Re, General Motors, General Electric, Texaco (part of...
- تجدونه أيضا: Apartheid reparations lawsuits (re So. Africa) Cape/Gencor lawsuits (re So. Africa) Chevron lawsuit (re Nigeria) Coca-Cola lawsuit (re Colombia) DynCorp lawsuits (re Colombia & Ecuador) Freeport-McMoRan lawsuits (re West Papua) New SustainAbility report: Management of social & environmental risk requires moving beyond legal requirements, attending to "moral liability" Nike lawsuit (Kasky v Nike, re denial of labour abuses) Rio Tinto lawsuit (re Papua New Guinea) Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Slavery reparations lawsuit (re USA) Texaco/Chevron lawsuits (re Ecuador) Union Carbide/Dow lawsuit (re Bhopal) Unocal lawsuit (re Myanmar) المزيدتقليص
- القضايا المعمقة: Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights
- الشركات ذات الصلة: Altria Barclays Burger King Cape PLC Chevron Coca-Cola Computer Sciences (CSC) Dow Chemical DynCorp ExxonMobil Ford Fresh Del Monte Produce Gap General Electric General Motors Grupo México KFC (part of YUM!) Kraft Foods (now Kraft Heinz) McDonald's Mitsubishi Group Monsanto (part of Bayer) Nestlé Nike Northern Foods PepsiCo Phelps Dodge (part of Freeport-McMoRan) Philip Morris USA (part of Altria) Rio Tinto Shell Southern Copper (part of Grupo México) Swiss Re Talisman (part of Repsol) Texaco (part of Chevron) Total Union Carbide (part of Dow) Unocal (part of Chevron) Walt Disney YUM!
الكاتب: Ron Chepesiuk, National Defense College, Bangladesh, in Daily Star [Bangladesh]
...little effort has been made to make the multinationals accountable for what they do in interest of profit. But times are changing, thanks to a coalition consisting of plaintiffs from the developing world and aggressive human rights groups...[that]...
- تجدونه أيضا: Apartheid reparations lawsuits (re So. Africa) Coca-Cola lawsuit (re Colombia) Drummond lawsuits (re Colombia) ExxonMobil lawsuit (re Aceh) Occidental lawsuit (re Colombia) Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Unocal lawsuit (re Myanmar) المزيدتقليص
- الشركات ذات الصلة: British American Tobacco CACI Coca-Cola Coca-Cola FEMSA DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Drummond ExxonMobil Fresh Del Monte Produce IBM Occidental Petroleum Panamco (see Coca-Cola FEMSA) Shell Titan (now L-3 Titan) Unocal (part of Chevron)
الكاتب: Johann Hari, The Independent [UK]
...multinational corporations have ignored the pleas of human rights groups and handed money to the [Government of Sudan] in exchange for Sudan's oil. The roll-call of companies who chose to do this is long and distinguished: Siemens AG from Germany,...
الكاتب: Jürgen Dormann, Chairman & CEO, ABB
Under what circumstances should ABB do business - and where should we not?...when international sanctions are decided, we act accordingly. We don’t do business in Burma, where democratic rights are violated...public debate is growing over whether...
الكاتب: Bryan J. Auchterlonie, MA candidate, Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies, in Harvard Crimson
Two weeks ago, the Crimson Staff demanded that the Harvard Management Company (HMC) divest its 72,000 shares of Chinese state-owned energy giant PetroChina because of its oil operations in Sudan...But it is...only a first step...Harvard also holds 10...
الكاتب: Marcy Gordon, Associated Press
Black activists and religious groups are pressing public pension funds to divest a purported $91 billion in holdings of companies operating in oil-rich Sudan. [refers to Siemens, Total, ABB, Talisman, PetroChina, Calpers]