قضايا ومكونات هذه الفئة
الكاتب: Jason Switzer, International Institute for Sustainable Development, and Halina Ward, International Institute for Environment and Development
This report has two aims. First, to review the provisions of voluntary codes, guidelines and initiatives that address the relationship between business activities and violent civil conflict. Second, to make suggestions on a framework for public policy...
- القضايا المعمقة: Academic Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights Peacebuilding
- الشركات ذات الصلة: BHP (formerly BHP Billiton) BP Chevron De Beers (part of Anglo American) Enbridge Equinor (formerly Statoil) ExxonMobil Noranda (part of Falconbridge) Placer Dome (part of Barrick Gold) Rio Tinto Royal Dutch Shell (Shell) Total Unocal (part of Chevron)
الكاتب: Friends of the Earth
UK banks are among a number of major international banks threatening to undermine the credibility of the Equator Principles, the banking sector's green guidelines, launched less than a year ago. [refers to Barclays, Standard Chartered]
الكاتب: Jonathan Stempel, Reuters
The new guidelines are more restrictive than the so-called "Equator Principles" drafted by International Finance Corp., the private-sector arm of the World Bank. About 10 U.S. and European banks, including Citigroup, Britain's Barclays Plc and Holland...
الكاتب: Ann Zammit, United Nations Research Institute for Social Development (UNRISD) & South Centre
In recent years the United Nations (UN) has increasingly engaged in what it refers to as partnership with the private sector in order to hasten the achievement of the development goals of the United Nations (UN). This idea underpins the United Nations...
- الشركات ذات الصلة: ABN Amro American Express Aventis (now part of Sanofi) Barclays BASF BP Burger King Chevron Citigroup Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive Crédit Agricole Crédit Lyonnais (part of Crédit Agricole) Credit Suisse Enron EY (Ernst & Young) KPMG McDonald's Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Nestlé Nokia PricewaterhouseCoopers Procter & Gamble Rabobank Reebok (part of adidas) Rio Tinto Sanofi Unilever West LB Westpac
الكاتب: Demetri Sevastopulo, Financial Times
The International Finance Corporation [IFC] is considering including human rights in its sustainable development safeguards, a move that could have implications for private sector banks that finance projects in developing countries.
- الشركات ذات الصلة: Citigroup
الكاتب: Baku Ceyhan Campaign
The Baku Ceyhan Campaign has, along with its partner groups, carried out a detailed study of the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) for the Turkish section of the Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan (BTC) pipeline. Astoundingly, it found 173 violations of...
- الشركات ذات الصلة: ABN Amro AGIP (part of Eni) BP Citigroup Delta Hess K&K Ltd (joint venture Amerada Hess & Delta Oil) Delta Oil Eni Hess Corporation Itochu Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group) Société Générale State Oil Company of Azerbaijan (SOCAR) Turkish Petroleum (TPAO) Unocal (part of Chevron)
الكاتب: World Bank
...the World Bank Group commissioned a study on barriers to the achievement of better social and environmental performance in suppliers, and also on the options that hold the greatest promise for overcoming those barriers...The study focuses attention...
- الشركات ذات الصلة: IKEA
الكاتب: Professor David Kinley
To what extent are the CSR issues outlined in this article being picked up by law firms and passed on to corporate clients? If little or none – why so?...[Are] the compliance and regulation oriented accountancy conglomerates (such as Price Waterhouse...
- تجدونه أيضا: Nike lawsuit (Kasky v Nike, re denial of labour abuses)
- الشركات ذات الصلة: EY (Ernst & Young) KPMG McKinsey PricewaterhouseCoopers
On 4 June, ten leading international banks announced the adoption of the "Equator Principles", a voluntary set of guidelines for managing social and environmental issues related to the financing of development projects.