قضايا ومكونات هذه الفئة
الكاتب: Intl. Corporate Accountability Roundtable
On April 23rd, ICAR and the Human Rights Institute at Georgetown University Law Center hosted the UN Working Group (WG) on...[business &] human rights...as part of its country mission to the United States...ICAR invited leading representatives from...
- القضايا المعمقة: Latest news on UNGPs Latest news on UNWG
- الشركات ذات الصلة: Advanced Micro Devices Barclays CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Gazprom General Electric Google (part of Alphabet) HP (Hewlett-Packard) Lukoil Microsoft Petrobras PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Rosneft Sinopec Yahoo! (part of Verizon)
الكاتب: International Institute for Environment & Development [UK]
People who feel wronged by large scale land deals in Africa are taking a variety of steps to seek justice, according to new research that examines the accountability of public authorities that preside over such deals and asks whether legal empowerment...
- تجدونه أيضا: Africa: Report examines redress options for communities negatively impacted by commercial land deals
- القضايا المعمقة: Commentaries
الكاتب: Robin Llewellyn, Intercontinental Cry
The Ngäbe and Buglé peoples are holding protests…to highlight the Panamanian government's non-compliance with peace accords that ended last year's deadly protests. [They]…claim the state has failed to compensate victims…and has allowed the continued...
- تجدونه أيضا: Panama: Indigenous peoples resume protests over continued construction of Barro Blanco dam
- القضايا المعمقة: Latest news on conflict & peace
- الشركات ذات الصلة: FMO
الكاتب: Institute for Human Rights and Business
1. Embedding respect for human rights across all business relationships...2. Expanding action to combat forced labour and human trafficking...3. Tackling challenges of dual-use internet-based technologies that may undermine privacy rights and freedom...
- تجدونه أيضا: Institute for Human Rights and Business publishes 4th annual list of business & human rights issues
- الشركات ذات الصلة: Apple Foxconn (part of Hon Hai) Hon Hai
الكاتب: Permanent Mission of the Unites States of America to the UN in Geneva
This Note is...in response to the...questionnaire from the Working Group, soliciting information on State practices in the sphere of business and human rights...The US government is committed to the GPs, as evidenced...through the integration of human...
الكاتب: Cheryl Joseph, Stanford Law School, and Julia Cherlow, Stanford Law School for UN Global Compact Human Rights Working Group
This Good Practice Note aims: (1) to illustrate how transnational corporations’ (TNCs) inhouse corporate counsel are perfectly situated to propel their corporations to adopt practices that ensure respect for human rights; and (2) to encourage this...
الكاتب: BankTrack, ECA Watch, Center for Intl. Environmental Law
A complex range of public and private institutions provide financing for both corporate and state activity that is associated with human rights abuse. These financial institutions present an opportunity for the widespread dissemination and...
الكاتب: Australian Lawyers for Human Rights
We set out below some comments of Australian Lawyers for Human Rights (ALHR) which we hope the Australian Government will find helpful in its preparation for the Forum on Busrness and Human Rights (the Forum) to be held in Geneva on 4-5 December 2012.
- القضايا المعمقة: Civil society recommendations to governments