Webinar series - A framework treaty on business and human rights: Interdisciplinary insights
From Wednesday 15 September, 12:00 BST
This series of inter-disciplinary online seminars will convene internationally-recognised scholars and experts to address questions including:
- What should be the scope and content of a framework treaty, taking into account existing standards, current problems and future needs?
- What institutional design would be needed to make a framework treaty regime effective?
- What lessons can be learned from experience under other international framework treaties?
- What steps are now needed to advance diplomatic dialogue on a framework treaty?
- How can we optimise the contribution of a framework treaty in addressing threats to human rights from business activities, as well as wider governance challenges, now and in the future?
Framework instruments and human rights treaties: insights from experience.
Wed, September 15, 2021, 12:00 PM – 1:30 PM BST
A business and human rights framework treaty: contours and challenges.
Thu, 23 September 2021, 12:00 – 13:30 BST
Supporting the operation of a framework treaty in practice.
Thu, 30 September 2021, 14:00 – 15:30 BST