Related stories and components
USA: Company executives speak out against racism following the killings of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor & Tony McDade by police
On 25 May 2020, white Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin pinned George Floyd to the ground, keeping his knee on Mr. Floyd’s neck for eight minutes and 46 seconds, ultimately killing him. Three additional officers were involved. All four officers...
Author: China Dialogue
“Chinese rail, roads and buses arrive in Colombia”, 8th January 2020...
- Related stories: Colombia: Chinese companies dominate the transport sector in 2020 projections
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas
- Related companies: BYD China Communications Construction Company Limited (CCCC) China Harbour Engineering Company (CHEC) Continental Gold Zijin
Author: China Labour Bulletin (Hong Kong)
“The shifting patterns of transport worker protests in China present a major challenge to the trade union”, 18 November 2019...
USA: Suburban Express reaches consent decree with Attorney General for following lawsuits over discrimination and harassment of its costumers
Author: Ben Zigterman, The News Gazette
"Suburban Express reaches consent decree with Illinois attorney general", 9 Apr 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
Tanzania: New bus rapid transit system is too expensive for poorest residents & threatens employment
Author: Matteo Rizzo, The Conversation
"Dar es Salaam's new rapid bus transit system won international acclaim - but it excludes the poor", 22 January 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Development & poverty
Author: People's Union for Civil Liberties (PUCL), Maharashtra State Unit, India
"PUCL Maharashtra statement in solidarity with protesting BEST workers", 9 January 2019...
Author: Spencer S. Hsu, The Washington Post (USA)
"Greyhound tells riders of rights when Border Patrol comes on board", 22 Dec 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Amtrak Greyhound
So. Africa: Unions say application by 5 bus companies for exemption from wage agreement undermines collective bargaining
Author: Theto Mahlakoana, Business Live (So. Africa)
"Bus companies threaten collective bargaining"...