Support for initiatives promoting civil & political rights
Related stories and components
Author: Diálogo Chino
“China vulnera derechos humanos en Perú” – 07 de febrero de 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas
- Related companies: China Aluminium Corporation (Chinalco) China Minmetals Minerals and Metals Group (MMG) (part of China Minmetals) Rio Blanco Copper (part of Xiamen Zijin Tongguan Investment Development Corporation, part of Zijin Mining Group, Tongling Non-Ferrous Metals Group Holding Co. Ltd. y Xiamen C&D Coperation Ltd.) Shougang Zijin
Author: Mauricio Lazala & Ana Zbona, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre in OXFAM Views & Voices
"Should companies act when civic freedoms are under attack?", 21 Jan 2018...
Key lessons for civil society to expand civic space include adaptation of new business models, report says
Author: Catherine Hyde Townsend, Center for Strategic and International Studies (USA)
A CSO Playbook to reclaim civic space, 21 Dec 2018...
Author: Spencer S. Hsu, The Washington Post (USA)
"Greyhound tells riders of rights when Border Patrol comes on board", 22 Dec 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Amtrak Greyhound
[Audio] Sweden: Human rights days focus on role of business in protection of human rights & of rights defenders
Author: Raoul Wallenberg Institute (Sweden)
"Human Rights Defenders and the Role of Business", 12 Dec 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: H&M
Author: Women human rights defenders / JASS (USA)
"We've Had Enough. A Call to Action to Protect Women Human Rights Defenders & their Communities", 3 Oct 2018...
Commentary: Global Network Initiative has contributed to improvements in ICT companies' respect for human rights over the past 10 years
Author: Michael Samway, Medium
"GNI: A Journey of Trust and Making Common Cause" 16 October 2018...