Damit zusammenhängende Stories in dieser Kategorie
Autor/in: Rodrigo de Oliveira Andrade,SciDev.Net [Brazil]
A Brazilian government agency…has fined 35 companies for not sharing benefits from exploitation of the country's biodiversity…[The] Brazilian Institute of Environment and Renewable Natural Resources (Ibama)…announced…that 35 different companies were...
Autor/in: Mark Tran, Guardian [UK]
Crop failure for farmers is not merely a financial setback but a disaster that could push families into abject poverty...LeapFrog [Investments]...invests in those that are [in the microinsurance business], such as Shriram...In two years, [LeapFrog...
Autor/in: Sue Branford, for LAB
On 8 June 2012 the UGP (Unión de Gremios de la Producción), which is a body representing the big farmers, published...a petition entitled "12 arguments for getting rid of Lovera"...director of SENAVE (The National Service for the Quality and Health of...
- Mit Bezug auf: Paraguay: Journalist says rushed impeachment of President Lugo was backed by, and has benefited, big landowners & biotechnology companies
- Betreffende Unternehmen: Monsanto (part of Bayer)
Autor/in: Jinty Jackson for IPS, in Guardian [UK]
...[Breaking] the country's dependence on "dirty" fuel is the aim of a for-profit venture called CleanStar that began selling ethanol cooking stoves in the capital, Maputo, this year. The ethanol is made from cassava, or mandioca, which is grown in...
Autor/in: Andrew Quinn, Reuters
...[The] world's industrial powers turned to the private sector on Friday to help fight hunger and malnutrition for up to a billion people...U.S. President Barack Obama announced a new public-private partnership program involving some $3 billion in...
Autor/in: Cambridge Evening News [UK]
A chemical leak from a former industrial site [formerly owned by Bayer Cropscience] which was supposed to have been cleaned up for housing has resulted in a formal warning for developers...Landowner Harrow Estates is currently monitoring results of its...
- Mit Bezug auf: UK: Pesticide leak from former Bayer CropScience facility sparks health fears over homes to be built by Harrow Estates, govt. warns developer - includes company's response
- Schwerpunkte: Latest Legal News
- Betreffende Unternehmen: Bayer
Autor/in: DiversityInc [USA]
…DiversityInc…is the leading assessment of diversity management in corporate America and globally…The DiversityInc…survey…is divided into four key areas: CEO Commitment, Human Capital, Corporate and Organizational Communications, Supplier Diversity…...
- Mit Bezug auf: DiversityInc announces "Top 50 Companies for Diversity"
- Betreffende Unternehmen: Abbott Laboratories Accenture Aetna Allstate American Express AT&T Automatic Data Processing Bank of America Booz Allen Hamilton Capital One Chrysler (part of Fiat Chrysler) Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive CSX Cummins Dell Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Eli Lilly EY (Ernst & Young) General Mills Health Care Service IBM J.C. Penney Johnson & Johnson Kaiser Permanente Kellogg KPMG Kraft Foods (now Kraft Heinz) Lockheed Martin Marriott MasterCard Medtronic Merck Metlife Monsanto (part of Bayer) Northrop Grumman Novartis Procter & Gamble Prudential Financial Rockwell Collins Sodexo Starwood Hotels Target Time Warner Toyota Verizon Wellpoint Wells Fargo
Autor/in: Norges Bank Investment Management
9 companies...received top marks for reporting on social or environmental risks in 2011. More than a third of the companies in the annual evaluation by Norges Bank Investment Management (NBIM)...scored zero. “Failure to manage social and environmental...
- Mit Bezug auf: PVH, H&M, Adidas, Gildan Activewear, Next & Gap receive "top marks" in child labour risk report
- Schwerpunkte: Latest news on Children
- Betreffende Unternehmen: Air France KLM Air Products Anglo American Anheuser-Busch InBev BASF Bayer BHP Billiton Constellation Energy Danone E.ON Ericsson GlaxoSmithKline Iberdrola Intel Kellogg Lafarge (part of LafargeHolcim) Linde Group Merck Molson Coors Motorola Mobility (part of Lenovo) Norges Bank Investment Management (NBIM) PepsiCo Pfizer PG&E SABMiller (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Sanofi Walt Disney Xcel Energy Xstrata (part of Glencore)