Damit zusammenhängende Stories in dieser Kategorie
Autor/in: Winnie Byanyima, in The Huffington Post
...[How] is it that many of Africa's countries fall among the lowest in global rankings of economic growth, despite exports of minerals, oil and gas from Africa worth roughly seven times the value of international aid to the continent? Africa...[loses]...
Autor/in: International Bar Association’s Human Rights Institute Task Force (UK)
The tax practices of multinational enterprises and wealthy individuals are being increasingly questioned and scrutinized…Tax abuses are in the media spotlight and on the international political agenda. But why are tax abuses becoming so important?...
- Mit Bezug auf: Intl. Bar Association Human Rights Institute's report addresses tax abuse from poverty & human rights law perspectives
- Betreffende Unternehmen: Amazon.com Google (part of Alphabet) Starbucks
Autor/in: Kofi Annan, Africa Progress Panel
The wise management of Africa’s incredible natural wealth is a high priority...Africa’s governments must manage these resource revenues wisely to lift millions of people out of poverty...Africa’s natural resource wealth rightly belongs to the continent...
Autor/in: Pascal Liu, in The Guardian
Land grabbing has become a hot topic in the international development community and beyond...[R]esearch by the Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) shows they carry risks for local communities and their environment. Displacement of small farmers,...
- Schwerpunkte: Latest news on conflict & peace
Autor/in: UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office
On 4 Sep 2013, the UK Govt. released its National Action Plan to implement the UN Guiding Principles on Business & Human Rights. The action plan "embodies [the UK's] commitment to protect human rights by helping UK companies understand and manage...
- Mit Bezug auf: UK launches national action plan to implement UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights
- Schwerpunkte: Implementación por parte de gobiernos: ejemplos y herramientas > Recomendaciones de la sociedad civil Latest news on UNGPs Recommandations par la société civile aux gouvernements
Autor/in: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
This briefing summarises major business and human rights developments in Myanmar (Burma) from November 2010, when the country held its first elections after 20 years and pro-democracy leader Aung San Suu Kyi was released from house arrest, to the...
- Mit Bezug auf: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre launches briefing on Myanmar
- Betreffende Unternehmen: Crowley Hercules
Autor/in: BBC News
Finance ministers from the G20 group of leading nations have formally backed plans to tackle international tax avoidance and evasion. A statement...supports the automatic exchange of tax information between countries. It also backs plans by the...
- Mit Bezug auf: G20 finance ministers back OECD plans to tackle corporate tax avoidance
- Schwerpunkte: G20 Summits in Russia & OECD report on tax avoidance Latest news on tax avoidance
- Betreffende Unternehmen: Amazon.com Apple Google (part of Alphabet) Starbucks