Gesundheit: Allgemeines (darin Gesundheit & Sicherheit am Arbeitsplatz)
Damit zusammenhängende Stories in dieser Kategorie
Autor/in: Elizabeth Piper, Reuters
The Co-operative Group, a major UK farmer and retailer, said yesterday it would ban more than 20 pesticides used to produce food worldwide amid fears about their impact on health and the environment.
- Betreffende Unternehmen: Co-operative Group
Autor/in: Soo Youn, Reuters
One of the largest suppliers of drinking water on Long Island sued Exxon Mobil Corp. last week for water contamination by a gasoline additive that was first used to help the environment.
- Betreffende Unternehmen: ExxonMobil
Autor/in: Oxfam GB
- Mit Bezug auf: press release: Pfizer: The industry leader in pricing drugs beyond the reach of the poor in developing countries
- Betreffende Unternehmen: Pfizer
Autor/in: Antony Barnett and Solomon Hughes, Observer [UK]
ICI [British chemicals company] has pulled out of the controversial US project to spray vast areas of Colombia with herbicides in an attempt to eradicate its cocaine and heroin trade. ICI does not want its name dragged into such a programme,...
- Betreffende Unternehmen: ICI
Autor/in: Agnès Sinai, Le Monde diplomatique
Multinationals like Monsanto are facing real grassroots opposition in the world, especially over agro-chemicals and GMOs. Monsanto has led the big corporations towards diversionary tactics: they have issued codes of conduct and ethical charters to...
- Mit Bezug auf: New Monsanto and GMO Propaganda: Seeds of Irreversible Change
- Betreffende Unternehmen: Monsanto (part of Bayer)
Autor/in: Philippe Rivière, Le Monde diplomatique
Patently wrong: After years of lethargy the international community has declared war on Aids. Following a special session of the UN in June and the G8 summit in July, a fund will be set up by the end of the year. But the agreement being negotiated with...