UN-Leitprinzipien für Wirtschaft & Menschenrechte
Damit zusammenhängende Stories in dieser Kategorie
Autor/in: Norwegian National Contact Point for the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Entreprises
The Norwegian-owned Mindoro Nickel Project in the Philippines should consult a broader group of indigenous peoples and be more transparent about adverse environmental impacts, concludes the OECD National Contact Point (NCP) Norway...Intex has conducted...
- Mit Bezug auf: Norwegian Contact Point says Intex Resources does “not act in accordance with OECD Guidelines” - should expand consultation with indigenous peoples & be more transparent about environmental impacts
- Schwerpunkte: Europe & Central Asia General State-based
- Betreffende Unternehmen: Intex Resources
Autor/in: National Human Rights Commission of India
The Guiding Principles must focus on tackling the issue of separate ‘Legal Personality’. The principle of ‘Absolute Liability’ developed by Courts in India could be used as a tool to provide legal by corporate activities, including those in conflict...
- Mit Bezug auf: Feedback Form - Request for Input by National Human Rights Institutions to the 8 December 2011 ICC Submission to the United Nations Working Group on Transnational Corporations and Other Business Enterprises Vedanta Resources lawsuit (re Dongria Kondh in Orissa)
- Schwerpunkte: National Human Rights Institutions (NHRIs)
- Betreffende Unternehmen: Vedanta Resources
Autor/in: Institute for Human Rights and Business
Highlights from the interactive discussion on the future of the business and human rights agenda, held in London on 17 November 2011 in honour of Sir Geoffrey Chandler, are now available...Panelists: Peter Frankental, Amnesty International UK; Bennett...
Autor/in: John Sherman in Lawyers for Better Business
A recent op-ed in the New York Times by Joe Nocera described a law firm’s resistance to attesting to the validity of client mortgage documents on which it relied in court proceedings to foreclose on residential home mortgages. The firm subsequently...
Autor/in: Germanwatch, MISEREOR, European Center for Constitutional & Human Rights, German civil society networks Forum Human Rights and Corporate Accountability (CorA)
International conference discusses policy approaches to implement the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights in Germany and Europe...Germany needs to strengthen its efforts to implement the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights...
- Schwerpunkte: Latest Legal News
[Transcript:]...Big business can be a force for good…The interests of business and the interests of society could be aligned, given the right leadership, staff and resources…Despite all those years of work, I haven’t managed to eliminate human rights...
- Mit Bezug auf: Video footage of Christine Bader presenting "Manifesto for the Corporate Idealist"
- Schwerpunkte: Short videos & news items UN Secretary-General's Special Representative on business & human rights
- Betreffende Unternehmen: BP Nike
Autor/in: Buraku Liberation and Human Rights Research Institute [Japan]
Based on the research achievements on business and human rights since 2005, BLHRRI established guidelines on corporate responsibility for human rights as a self-checking tool to see where corporations' management and performance on human rights are.
Autor/in: Katherine Tyler in Lawyers for Better Business
The actual impact of the GPs [Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights] is unclear and on 15–16 September 2011 over 100 lawyers, academics, students and representatives from businesses, NGOs, the OECD, the EU...gathered at a conference in...
- Schwerpunkte: Latest Legal News