Damit zusammenhängende Stories in dieser Kategorie
Autor/in: A. V. Ragunathan, Hindu
Two Dalit families employed as bonded labourers in a brick kiln at Karadiyan Naickanur in Erode district were rescued on Tuesday. On Monday, G. Kalaiselvan (31) of Nanjaimagathu Vazhkkai in Chidambaram taluk and K. Sivakumar (27) of Reddiar Mill area...
- Schwerpunkte: Latest news on Children
Autor/in: Times News Network
A day after mob violence and arson at Maruti's Manesar plant claimed the life of a senior executive and left over 100 management officials hospitalized, the police on Thursday went on the offensive and sent 91 workers into judicial custody…more than 3...
Autor/in: RFI - Radio France Internationale
French and Indian non-governmental organizations finally got the attention of the OECD in Paris last Wednesday about the construction of a Michelin tyre factory in India. They believe the plant violates the rights of a community of ‘untouchables...The...
- Mit Bezug auf: Indian "untouchables" file OECD complaint against Michelin over alleged displacement caused by factory construction
- Schwerpunkte: Latest Legal News
- Betreffende Unternehmen: Michelin
Autor/in: SOMO / India Committee of the Netherlands
…[T]he Centre for Research on Multinational Corporations (SOMO) and the India Committee of the Netherlands (ICN)… published two major reports [‘Captured by Cotton’, 2011 and ‘Maid in India’, 2012] documenting the exploitation of Dalit girls in the...
- Mit Bezug auf: India: Follow-up report on exploitation of child workers and Dalit children exposes lack of action by intl. clothing brands
- Schwerpunkte: Alleged abuses Case examples Latest news on Children
- Betreffende Unternehmen: American Eagle Outfitters Associated British Foods Calvin Klein (part of PVH) Diesel Eastman Exports Gap Inditex Marks & Spencer Mothercare Next Polo Ralph Lauren Primark (part of Associated British Foods) PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Quicksilver Tesco Tommy Hilfiger (part of PVH) Zara (part of Inditex)
Autor/in: PTI, in Outlook [India]
[T]o promote education in Odisha, Tata Steel has provided assistance to more than 200 schools…[by] repairing and constructing buildings and boundary walls and distributed desks and benches…[and has extended the] Jyoti Fellowship Awards to the students...
Autor/in: Intl. Dalit Solidarity Network
With reference to the general principle of implementation of the Guiding Principles in a non-discriminatory manner, with particular attention to the rights and needs of, as well as the challenges faced by, individuals from groups or populations that...
- Schwerpunkte: Discrimination
Autor/in: Akshya Rout, OdhisaDiary [India]
…There are many scheduled tribe and scheduled caste students who are unable to complete their education even if they are meritorious. A Program named “Jyoti Fellowship” has been introduced…with the purpose to help these students’ financially to meet...
- Betreffende Unternehmen: Tata Iron and Steel (TISCO) (part of Tata Group)
Autor/in: P. Vaidyanathan Iyer, Indian Express
Two days from now, a 1,000-strong club of Dalit entrepreneurs will showcase their wares...in Mumbai’s Bandra Kurla complex…It will tell the world that Dalits, given the opportunity, will beat the caste order with capitalism...Hobnobbing with the Dalit...
- Mit Bezug auf: India: Dalit entrepreneurs hold major trade fair in Mumbai
- Betreffende Unternehmen: Godrej & Boyce Tata Group