Damit zusammenhängende Stories in dieser Kategorie
Autor/in: Forum ASIA
"Defending in numbers: Resistance in the Face of Repression - 2017-2018", 31 May 2019...
- Schwerpunkte: Latest news on human rights defenders
Autor/in: Michel Forst, UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights Defenders (Switzerland)
"World report on the situation of human rights defenders", 17 Dec 2017...
- Schwerpunkte: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Betreffende Unternehmen: Compañia de Minas Buenaventura Formosa Plastics Jiew Kang Jue Pattana Co. Ltd. Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont, Sumitomo & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Newmont Goldcorp Sumitomo Group
Autor/in: U.S. National Contact Point for the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises
The USNCP offered mediation to the parties...[which] resulted in an agreement... [The parties] authorized public dissemination of the following joint statement:...
- Mit Bezug auf: Complaints over labour rights against Starwood, PepsiCo before US National Contact Point for OECD Guidelines - report on outcomes
- Betreffende Unternehmen: Starwood Hotels
Autor/in: Severin Carrell, Guardian (UK)
Human rights campaigners are warning of further political repression in the Maldives after a British-owned firm sold a large shipment of teargas, stun grenades and rubber bullets to its police force. The shipment...was sold by a foreign subsidiary of...
- Schwerpunkte: Latest news on conflict & peace
Autor/in: Agence France-Presse (AFP)
The Global Network Initiative, which includes Google, Facebook, Yahoo and Microsoft, has asked  countries to "report on the requests they make for electronic communications surveillance and to make it legally possible for companies to report...
Autor/in: UN Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights
The Human Rights Council...held a panel discussion on the role of the United Nations system in advancing the business and human rights agenda through embedding the Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights in the post-2015 framework and related...