Damit zusammenhängende Stories in dieser Kategorie
Autor/in: Fiona Southward, International Peace Information Service (IPIS)
Ten years after the launch of the Kimberley Process Certification Scheme (KPCS) this paper is the first in a two part series providing an overview of where the Kimberley Process (KP) and international efforts to combat the trade in conflict diamonds...
[Business & & Human Rights Resource Centre invited Barclays to respond. Response provided.] Barclays bank is now reported to be the largest retails bank in Africa…[R]apidly rising commodity prices have resulted in a steady increase in foreign...
Autor/in: International Bar Association’s Human Rights Institute
This new IBAHRI report addresses tax abuses from the novel perspective of human rights law and policy. Based on extensive consultation from diverse perspectives, the expert Task Force offers insight into the links between tax abuses, poverty and human...
Autor/in: UN Global Compact
As a key agent of change, companies can make a critical contribution to economic development, peace and stability in the areas where they operate...Companies provide jobs and revenue to a local economy. They can set an example of sustainable business...
- Schwerpunkte: Latest news on conflict & peace Peacebuilding
- Betreffende Unternehmen: A.P. Moller - Maersk Group APG Arcelor (now ArcelorMittal) Bavaria (part of AB InBev) China Development Bank Eni F&C Asset Management Holcim (part of LafargeHolcim) Interconexión Eléctrica (part of ISA Group) ISA Group LG Electronics (part of LG Corp.) Maersk (part of A.P. Moller - Maersk) Movistar (part of Telefónica) Nestlé Pacific Exploration & Production (Now Frontera Energy) PGGM Robeco Royal Dutch Shell (Shell) SABMiller (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Safaricom SEB Telefónica
Autor/in: Clemans Miyanicwe, Namibian
Purity Manganese…mine’s safety manager, Immanuel Shilongo…was asked to leave the mine after he had raised concerns about the poor and inhumane living conditions…The miners have also accused the labour inspectors for visiting the offices of Purity...
Autor/in: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
[Business & Human Rights Resource Centre case profile for lawsuits against Deutsche Bank, Woermann Line and German Government over alleged complicity in massacres and human rights abuses committed against the Herero tribe in Namibia during the...
- Betreffende Unternehmen: Deutsche Bank
Autor/in: Edgar Brandt, New Era (Namibia)
The Ministry of Labour and Social Welfare says the exploitation of child labour by Namibian employers spans the spectrum of the country's racial and ethnic groups…Deputy Minister… Alpheus Muheua, says improvement is required in several key areas in...
- Schwerpunkte: Latest news on Children
Autor/in: Lauren McMenemy, Guardian Sustainable Business [UK]
Despite the important role the products of mining play in helping us live our everyday lives, the industry's impact on the environment and local communities is often far from positive. So what is the industry doing to make it better? Guardian...
- Mit Bezug auf: Guardian hosts live panel discussion on responsible mining (13 Dec, 2-4pm GMT)
- Schwerpunkte: Mining
- Betreffende Unternehmen: De Beers (part of Anglo American) Debswana (joint venture De Beers & Botswana Govt.)
This report aims at exploring contemporary mining conflicts in the context of the sustainable development and environmental justice...[T]he project and type of conflict are characterized in a nutshell, with some basic factual background that describe...
- Mit Bezug auf: EJOLT report explores mining conflicts in context of sustainable development & environmental justice
- Schwerpunkte: Latest Legal News Latest news on conflict & peace
- Betreffende Unternehmen: AngloGold Ashanti Antofagasta Barrick Gold China Railway Construction Codelco Compañia de Minas Buenaventura Copper Mesa Mining Corriente Resources (joint venture Tongling Nonferrous Metals, China Railway Construction Corporation & CRCC-Tongguan Investment) Dundee Precious Metals DuPont Eco Oro Minerals (formerly Greystar Resources) Ecuacorriente (part of Corriente Resources) Entre Mares (part of Goldcorp) Enusa Glamis Gold (part of Goldcorp) Goldcorp (now Newmont) Greystar Resources Grupo México Inmet Mining Marubeni Meridian Gold Minera San Xavier (part of New Gold) Mitsubishi Group Mitsubishi Materials (part of Mitsubishi Group) Mitsui Montana Exploradora (part of Goldcorp) New Gold Newmont (formerly Newmont Goldcorp) Nippon Mining Orano (formerly Areva) Pacific Rim Mining Paladin Energy Placer Dome (part of Barrick Gold) Rio Tinto Rössing Uranium Southern Copper (part of Grupo México) Tongling Nonferrous Metals Yamana Gold