Chinese investment overseas
Welcome to our information platform on the social and environmental impacts of Chinese companies operating overseas. It aims to: raise awareness of existing guidelines; increase transparency; and strengthen accountability. It is within the broader context of our work encouraing companies headquartered in all regions to respect human rights. More about the platform.
Überblick der wichtigsten Themen
Die folgenden Schwerpunktthemen sind in anderen Sprachen verfügbar:
Stories and Komponenten mit diesem Schwerpunkt
[Title translation and summary translation of the original Russian language article provided by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre. Scroll down this page for China Road and Bridge response]. In Kemin, 50 Kyrgyz citizens working for the Chinese...
- Mit Bezug auf: Kyrgyzstan: Bishkek-Torugart road builders employed by Chinese company Sinzyan-Basin Ltd. protest against discrimination and abuses of their labour rights
- Schwerpunkte: Chinese investment overseas Construction, including dam-building Labour issues Other regions
- Betreffende Unternehmen: China Road & Bridge
Autor/in: Greg Torode, South China Morning Post [Hong Kong]
Myanmese pro-democracy leader Aung San Suu Kyi yesterday urged talks between Chinese officials and her opposition National League for Democracy (NLD) about the evolving Sino-Myanmese relationship. Addressing a packed hall at the University of Hong Kong...
Autor/in: SIBNOVOSTI [Russia]
[Title translation and summary translation of the original Russian language article provided by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre] The regional and district courts of the Krasnoyarsk province ordered owners of land plots and Chinese land...
- Schwerpunkte: Chinese investment overseas EarthRights report alleging abuses involving Chinese, Korean, Indian oil firms - Mar 2011 Extractives, including oil and mines Labour issues Land Rights & Displacements Southeast Asia
- Das ist eine Antwort der folgenden Unternehmen: KOGAS (Korea Gas Corporation)
Autor/in: Tony S. Bergonia, Philippines Daily Inquirer
China has put on its menu thousands of hectares of mineral-rich land in the Philippines to feed its appetite for metals but with barely a regard for the environment or for Philippine laws, according to a report by...Pacific Strategies and Assessments.....
- Schwerpunkte: Chinese investment overseas Construction, including dam-building Latin American region Violence & Abuses Zijin Mining's Rio Blanco project -- reports on conflict & company responses, Apr 2011
- Ohne Antwort der folgenden Unternehmen: Xiamen C & D Corp. (previously Xiamen Construction and Development Corp.)
Autor/in: Michelle Lehrer, Level Works Limited
Over the past few decades, the Chinese have invested millions of dollars building garment factories across [Africa]...As witnessed in waves across Asia and the Indian sub-continent, the textile industry can be an incredibly powerful catalyst for...
Autor/in: Barry Bearak, New York Times
In what could be a politically explosive decision, prosecutors in Zambia have decided not to pursue a case against two Chinese supervisors who shot 13 coal miners last year during a wage protest, the managers’ lawyer said Monday. The episode, which...
- Mit Bezug auf: Zambia: Prosecutors drop case against Chinese supervisors who allegedly shot 13 coal miners during protest at Collum Coal Mine
- Schwerpunkte: African region Chinese investment overseas Extractives, including oil and mines Labour issues Latest Legal News Violence & Abuses
- Betreffende Unternehmen: Collum Coal Mining