Mitglied des UN Global Compact
Hauptsitz in Indien
Through our membership in the Global Business Initiative on Human Rights (GBI), GE was fortunate to contribute to the six-year process that culminated in these Guiding Principles. Our own Statement of Principles on Human Rights has been drafted to...
- Mit Bezug auf: GE's approach to human rights & summary of Global Business Initiative activities in China & UAE
- Schwerpunkte: Latest news on UNGPs
- Betreffende Unternehmen: General Electric Saudi Aramco Tata Group
Autor/in: Amnesty International
This book seeks to ground the debate on the human right to remedy in cases of corporate-related abuse in the lived experiences of victims…[It]… focuses on four emblematic cases and exposes how corporate political and financial power intertwined with...
- Mit Bezug auf: BHP lawsuit (re Papua New Guinea) Cambior lawsuit (re Guyana) New Amnesty Intl. publication highlights obstacles faced by victims of corporate human rights abuses to access remedies; includes company statements Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Shell lawsuit (re oil pollution in Nigeria) Trafigura lawsuits (re Côte d’Ivoire) Union Carbide/Dow lawsuit (re Bhopal) Vedanta Resources lawsuit (re Dongria Kondh in Orissa) Mehr anzeigenWeniger anzeigen
- Schwerpunkte: Latest Legal News Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights
- Betreffende Unternehmen: Arcelor Mittal BHP Billiton BP Cambior Dow Chemical Golden Star Resources IamGold Ok Tedi Mining Royal Dutch / Shell (see Shell) Shell Tata Group Trafigura Beheer Union Carbide (part of Dow) Vedanta Resources
Autor/in: India Education Bureau
Tata Power, through its...subsidiary, Coastal Gujarat Power...is committed to promoting women empowerment and gender equality [and]...has undertaken numerous initiatives for the sustainable development of women community in Mundra...Tata Power launched...
- Betreffende Unternehmen: Tata Group
Autor/in: Naren Karunakaran, Economic Times (India)
[T]he World Business Council for Sustainable Development [WBCSD], [a CEO-driven organisation of over 200 progressive companies], would like businesses to...reorder their business models, and begin addressing some of our most pressing developmental...
Autor/in: Human Rights Institute, Columbia Law School
This is a case study of APPL. It documents the conditions for APPL’s workers and their families on the plantations, evaluating them in the context of Indian law and international commitments. It is a detailed account of the persistence of abusive...
Autor/in: Social Accountability International
SAI Training Manager Stephanie Wilson and Training Assistant Emily Crain spoke with lead trainer Edwin Koster to discuss his perspective on the trainings and implementation of the UNGP in general...[At] seminars on the UNGP [stakeholders had a] number...
Autor/in: Jayshree Satpute, Nazdeek & Komala Ramachandra, Accountability Counsel
Workers on Tata’s Tetley tea plantations in northeast India…demand the company respect their human rights on World Bank-financed plantations. Workers’ complaint to the World Bank calls on the Bank to ensure the end of inhumane working and living...
- Mit Bezug auf: India: Workers on tea plantations in Assam part-owned by Tata/Tetley allege labour abuses - intimidation of those raising concerns
- Schwerpunkte: Latest news on freedom of association
- Betreffende Unternehmen: Tata Group Tetley (part of Tata Tea)
Autor/in: Joseph Atoumgbré, Abidjan.net (Côte d'Ivoire)
Désormais, la Côte d’Ivoire répond aux normes internationales dans la gestion des industries extractives. C’est la décision prise à la réunion du conseil d’administration de l’Itie (Initiative pour la transparence des industries extractives) qui s’est...
- Mit Bezug auf: L'ITIE déclare la Côte d'Ivoire "Pays conforme"
- Betreffende Unternehmen: Anadarko (now part of Occidental Petroleum) Canadian Natural Resources Edison (Italy) Lukoil Newmont Goldcorp Randgold (part of Barrick Gold) Tata Group Tata Iron and Steel (TISCO) (part of Tata Group) Total Tullow Oil Vanco Energy