Mitglied des UN Global Compact
Hauptsitz in Niederlande
Autor/in: William Baue, SocialFunds.com
UK-based Business in the Community launches its Corporate Responsibility Index, which benchmarks corporate social responsibility performance...Companies in the top quintile included BP, Dow, Shell, and Unilever...Companies ranked in the fifth quintile,...
Autor/in: Business in the Community
Business in the Community has released the results of its first annual Corporate Responsibility Index today. The index publicly benchmarks the responsible business practice of top companies in the UK...Companies in the top quintile are: 3M; AstraZeneca...
- Mit Bezug auf: The launch of the UK Corporate Responsibility Index
- Betreffende Unternehmen: 3M AstraZeneca Aviva BP British Airports Authority (now Heathrow Airport Holdings) BT Carillion Co-operative Bank (part of Co-operative Group) Dow Chemical Lafarge (part of LafargeHolcim) Marks & Spencer mmo2 (now O2) National Grid Rio Tinto Safeway UK (part of Morrisons) Shell Tesco Unilever Veolia (formerly Vivendi Environnement)
Autor/in: Friends of the Earth
The privatization of water sources around the world is a growing problem. Water is a basic human right...Rather than reducing poverty, water privatization often means that the poorest families are no longer able to afford clean water. [refers to Suez,...
Autor/in: Obong Akpaekong, Newswatch [Nigeria]
Recently, the Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC, launched an attack on casualisation of the workforce in the country when it went about picketing companies, which thrived in casual labour in addition to operating a regime of poor working conditions....the...
Autor/in: Claire Cozens, Guardian [UK]
Fast food companies including McDonald's and Coca-Cola are helping to fund a multimillion pound advertising campaign urging Americans to eat more healthily. In an effort to avoid tobacco-style lawsuits, food giants including Unilever, Procter &...
Autor/in: Business for Social Responsibility
[refers to positive steps by Coca-Cola, Hewlett-Packard, Unilever, Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Merck, DaimerChrysler, De Beers]
Autor/in: United Citizens Council of Kodaikanal, Palni Hills Conservation Council, and Greenpeace India
Employees from the now-closed controversial Hindustan Lever Thermometer thermometer factory in Kodaikanal today condemned the company's efforts to stifle their right to demand an independent medical and health evaluation for the mercury contamination...
- Mit Bezug auf: Workers Demand Independent Health Assessment [India]
- Betreffende Unternehmen: Hindustan Unilever Unilever
Autor/in: Michael Skapinker, Financial Times
An FT survey that gave companies plaudits for their environmental record included some surprise choices [includes reference to Body Shop, BP, Royal Dutch/Shell, Toyota, Microsoft, Procter & Gamble, Vivendi, Honda, Ford, Siemens, GE, IBM, Volkswagen...
- Mit Bezug auf: Being seen to be green helps corporate image
- Betreffende Unternehmen: Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) Body Shop (part of Natura) BP ExxonMobil Ford General Electric Honda IBM McDonald's Microsoft Procter & Gamble Shell Siemens Toyota Unilever Veolia (formerly Vivendi Environnement) Volkswagen