Hauptsitz in Deutschland
Autor/in: Simon Neville, Guardian [UK]
Walmart has confirmed it will not sign up to a legally binding agreement on worker safety and building regulations in Bangladesh…[T]he…retail giant has created its own agreement, which it claims goes beyond the current accord…The company…said the deal...
- Betreffende Unternehmen: Aldi Nord Aldi Süd Arcadia Group ASDA (part of Walmart) Associated British Foods Benetton BHS C&A Calvin Klein (part of PVH) Carrefour El Corte Inglés G-Star H&M Helly Hansen Inditex John Lewis (part of John Lewis Partnership) KiK Loblaw Companies Mango Marks & Spencer Matalan Mothercare New Look Next Peacocks (part of EWM Group) Primark (part of Associated British Foods) PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) River Island (part of Lewis Trust) Sainsbury's Tchibo Tesco Tommy Hilfiger (part of PVH) Walmart Zara (part of Inditex)
Autor/in: IndustriALL Global Union
Ahead of the midnight deadline, at least 24 garment and retail brands sourcing from Bangladesh have agreed to sign on to the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh. IndustriALL, UNI Global Union and their NGO partners are expecting further...
- Mit Bezug auf: 24 garment & retail brands sourcing from Bangladesh sign on to the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in the country
- Schwerpunkte: Latest news on freedom of association
- Betreffende Unternehmen: Benetton Carrefour G-Star H&M Helly Hansen Inditex KiK Mothercare New Look Next Primark (part of Associated British Foods) PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Sainsbury's Tchibo
Autor/in: European Center for Constitutional and Human Rights (ECCHR), Medico International
[Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited C&A, KiK & Karl Rieker to respond. KiK & Karl Rieker responses provided below. C&A declined to respond at this time due to confidentiality requirements of the OECD process.] Medico...
Autor/in: Alejandro Teitelbaum, Jus Semper Global Alliance
In this brief…[Alejandro Teitelbaum, former Permanent Representative to the UN for the American Association of Jurists]…analyses the catastrophe that occurred in Bangladesh in a building where more than 3000 people worked and where almost a third died....
- Mit Bezug auf: The Catastrophe of Bangladesh - An emblematic case of global capitalism
- Betreffende Unternehmen: adidas Aldi Nord Aldi Süd Auchan Benetton C&A Calvin Klein (part of PVH) Carrefour El Corte Inglés Esprit Gap H&M Helly Hansen Inditex KiK Lidl Mango Marks & Spencer Mothercare New Look Next Nike Polo Ralph Lauren Primark (part of Associated British Foods) PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Sainsbury's Switcher Tchibo Tesco Walmart
Autor/in: Compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
[Compilation of coverage, commentaries on the collapse of the Rana Plaza garment factory building, 24 April 2013, in which over 1,100 people died. The building housed Phantom Apparels Ltd., New Wave Style Ltd and New Wave Brothers Ltd, which supplied...
- Mit Bezug auf: La Red Internal. de Derechos Humanos destaca casos de abusos por parte de empresas en sus consideraciones para el 2do. foro de la ONU sobre empresas y derechos humanos
- Betreffende Unternehmen: Benetton Bonmarché (part of Sun Capital Partners) C&A Cato Children's Place Dress Barn Joe Fresh (part of Loblaw Companies) KiK Mango Next Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Sun European Partners (part of Sun Capital Partners) Walmart
Autor/in: European Center for Constitutional and Human Rights
During a visit to Pakistan by…ECCHR and medico international, individuals affected by the factory fire in September 2012…asked ECCHR to become directly involved in legal proceedings relating to the incident in Pakistan. ECCHR will now make an...
Autor/in: Julfikar Ali Manik and Jim Yardley, New York Times
Clothing from many European brands...was discovered Sunday inside a charred factory where a deadly weekend fire killed seven female workers, including several who were teenagers...On Sunday, labels from several French brands, including Sol’s, Scott and...
Autor/in: Syed Zain Al-Mahmood, Guardian [UK]
Kalpona Akter, executive director of the Bangladesh Centre for Worker Solidarity, says a convoluted and opaque supply chain is largely to blame for the lack of compliance with international labour standards. "Often the factory that gets the order is...
Autor/in: Clean Clothes Campaign
German discount giant KIK this week signed an agreement with the Pakistan Institute of Labour Education and Research (PILER) to make an initial payment to the victims and their families of US$ 1 million for immediate relief, and to negotiate a long...
- Mit Bezug auf: KIK to compensate victims & families affected by Ali Enterprises fire tragedy in Pakistan; activists welcome move
- Betreffende Unternehmen: KiK RINA
- Mit Bezug auf: Pakistan: Clean Clothes Campaign calls on KiK to take certain steps following the fire at the Ali Enterprises factory
- Ohne Antwort der folgenden Unternehmen: KiK