UN Secretary-General's Special Representative on business & human rights
Überblick der wichtigsten Themen
Die folgenden Schwerpunktthemen sind in anderen Sprachen verfügbar:
- 📄 Materials by topic [English]
- 📄 Introduction [English]
- 📄 UN "Protect, Respect and Remedy" Framework and Guiding Principles [English]
- 📄 UN action following end of mandate [English]
- 📄 Reports to UN Human Rights Council [English]
- 📄 Briefing, Discussion & Reference papers [English]
- 📄 Consultations, meetings & workshops [English]
- 📄 Speeches & interviews [English]
- 📄 Other initiatives & announcements [English]
- 📄 Submissions to UN Special Representative on business & human rights [English]
- 📄 Commentaries on work of UN Special Representative on business & human rights [English]
Stories and Komponenten mit diesem Schwerpunkt
Autor/in: Office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR)
This publication identifies 10 key principles to help integrate the management of human rights risks into contract negotiations on investment projects between host State entities and foreign business investors. It is the product of four years (2007...
Autor/in: propos recueillis par Nicolette de Joncaire, l'Agefi (Suisse)
"Responsabilisation mondiale des sociétés multinationales", 23 janvier 2015...
- Schwerpunkte: Dernières nouvelles sur les Principes directeurs UN Secretary-General's Special Representative on business & human rights
- Betreffende Unternehmen: HP (Hewlett-Packard) Unilever
Autor/in: John Ruggie, Harvard Univ., former UN Special Representative on business & human rights
The development of an international legal instrument requires a certain degree of consensus among states. And there ought to be reasonable expectations that it will be enforced by the relevant parties...[T]he category of business and human rights...
Autor/in: John Ruggie (Professor at Harvard Kennedy School of Government, chair of Shift, former UN Special Representative on business & human rights)
Discussions at EU level on the proposed non-financial reporting directive are reaching their conclusion. This presents a significant opportunity to put in place a requirement that is likely to improve the way companies report on their social and...
Autor/in: John Ruggie, Harvard Kennedy School of Government, Former Special Representative of the UN Secretary-General for Business & Human Rights
I am grateful to the Business and Human Rights Resource Centre for the opportunity to comment on the new book edited by Surya Deva and David Bilchitz...The contributing authors address both strengths and weaknesses of the GPs. In doing so, they enrich...
Autor/in: Conectas Human Rights
[Tricia] Feeney, the executive director of the UK-based NGO Rights and Accountability in Development...warns that the second Forum on Business and Human Rights of the UN is under a serious risk of being more of the same, frustrating the expectations...
- Mit Bezug auf: Anvil Mining lawsuit (re Dem. Rep. of Congo) Tricia Feeney of RAID calls for stronger focus on accountability & grievance mechanisms for victims in interview on UN Forum on Business and Human Rights
- Schwerpunkte: Latest Legal News Latest news on UNGPs Latest news on UNWG UN Secretary-General's Special Representative on business & human rights
- Betreffende Unternehmen: Barrick Gold Porgera (joint venture Barrick Gold & Mineral Resources Enga)
Autor/in: Larry Catá Backer, Penn State Univ., on Law at the End of the Day Blog
This post includes my review of The Human Rights Obligations of Business from which I will draw the comments I will make at that book launch...The contributions in Human Rights Obligations of Business...query whether in the rush to embrace the GP, they...
Autor/in: Surya Deva (City Univ. of Hong Kong), David Bilchitz (Univ. of Johannesburg), eds.
In recent years, the UN Human Rights Council has approved the 'Respect, Protect, and Remedy' Framework and endorsed the Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights. These developments have been welcomed widely, but do they adequately address the...
Autor/in: Cumberland Lodge
Objective and comparable indicators of corporate respect for human rights are fundamental to advance the business and human rights agenda...Notwithstanding general agreement on the importance of the topic, measuring respect for human rights is not an...