Damit zusammenhängende Stories in dieser Kategorie
Autor/in: National Academies' National Research Council
The environmental effects of oil and gas exploration and production on Alaska's North Slope have been accumulating for more than three decades, says a new report from the National Academies' National Research Council. Efforts by the oil industry and...
Autor/in: Ayesha Dias, Bureau for Development Policy (Democratic Governance) UNDP
...every stage of [the oil & natural gas sector] activity, from exploration exploitation, refining, manufacturing, storage, transportation and fuel use is fraught with environmental and social consequences – local, regional and global...The...
- Mit Bezug auf: Chevron lawsuit (re Nigeria) ExxonMobil lawsuit (re Aceh) Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Texaco/Chevron lawsuits (re Ecuador) Unocal lawsuit (re Myanmar) Mehr anzeigenWeniger anzeigen
- Betreffende Unternehmen: BP Chevron Citigroup Equinor (formerly Statoil) ExxonMobil Norsk Hydro PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Shell Talisman (part of Repsol) Texaco (part of Chevron) Total Unocal (part of Chevron)
U.S. Company Leads Trend Toward Ecologically Certified Wood - Andersen Corporation, the world's leading wood window manufacturer, announced today that it will no longer buy Chilean wood products unless they are certified by the Forest Stewardship...
- Betreffende Unternehmen: Andersen Corporation
Autor/in: Survival International
Kalahari Diamonds Limited...partly owned by BHP Billiton, has secured US$2 million funding from the International Finance Corporation (IFC) to explore for diamonds in the Central Kalahari Game Reserve...Despite IFC requirements that indigenous...
- Mit Bezug auf: World Bank funds controversial diamond project on Bushmen's land [Botswana]
- Betreffende Unternehmen: BHP Billiton
Autor/in: Down to Earth Newsletter
The severely damaging impacts of mining on women have been highlighted in a new report. [Indonesian cases refer to Rio Tinto, Freeport, PT Indo Muro Kencana, Aurora Gold, Newmont, Inco]
Autor/in: Human Rights Watch
Indonesian police and company security forces are responsible for persistent human rights abuses against indigenous communities involved in the massive pulp and paper industry in Sumatra, Human Rights Watch said in a new report released today. Abuses...
[refers to Freeport Indonesia (part of Freeport-McMoRan)]
- Mit Bezug auf: full report: "Tunnel Vision: Women, Mining and Communities"
- Betreffende Unternehmen: Freeport Indonesia (part of Freeport-McMoRan) Freeport-McMoRan
Autor/in: Romina Picolotti and Jorge Daniel Taillant, eds.
- Mit Bezug auf: New book: "Linking Human Rights and Environment"