Damit zusammenhängende Stories in dieser Kategorie
Autor/in: Mandy Pondani, in BNL Times (Malawi)
Malawi Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) implementing projects in the mining and extraction sector have been asked not to overlook the issues of HIV and Aids when implementing projects because sexual activities are high around mining sites. District...
Abbott Laboratories (Abbott) holds the patent on lopinavir and ritonavir (lop/r) (marketed under the brand name “Kaletra”), an important drug used in the treatment of HIV. Brazilian NGOs have criticised this patent because its existence meant the Bra...
- Mit Bezug auf: Abbott Laboratories lawsuit (re Brazil patent law & access to medicines)
- Betreffende Unternehmen: Abbott Laboratories
Autor/in: Carolyn Cohn, Reuters
Fuzzy guidelines on ethical investing and donors' timid response to Uganda's new anti-gay law have reassured fund managers and private equity firms about continuing to invest in the newly oil-rich country, despite worldwide criticism. Business leader...
Autor/in: Danish Institute for Human Rights
We’ve just uploaded the Tanzania Country Guide. It’s our first Country Guide to include a Special Region Guide, to address the different social and political conditions on the island of Zanzibar. We’d like to thank our partner, the Commission for Human...
- Mit Bezug auf: Tanzania: New country guide on business & human rights risks launched
- Schwerpunkte: Latest news on conflict & peace
- Betreffende Unternehmen: African Barrick Gold (now Acacia) AngloGold Ashanti
Autor/in: International Council on Mining and Metals
...Mining is economically critical for...the world’s poorest...with some 50 countries being significantly dependent on mining. Yet mineral wealth does not always mean positive economic growth – the so-called “resource curse” theory. In 2004, ICMM ...
- Mit Bezug auf: Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility - new report on pharmaceutical firms' responses to AIDS
- Ohne Antwort der folgenden Unternehmen: Schering-Plough