Damit zusammenhängende Stories in dieser Kategorie
Autor/in: Jason Song, Los Angeles Times (USA)
The University of California system has sold about $30 million of its holdings in companies that operate private prisons after students voiced their opposition to such investments. The move...came...as undergraduates throughout the nation have been...
- Mit Bezug auf: USA: Student groups urge universities to divest from private prisons - accused of profiting from excessive incarceration rates for minorities
- Betreffende Unternehmen: CoreCivic G4S GEO Group
Autor/in: Myrthe Verweij, Down to Earth (Netherlands)
[Godwin Ojo, director of Environmental Rights Action/Friends of the Earth Nigeria]...was in The Netherlands to talk about the (lack of) developments concerning the 2011 UNEP report of the United Nations, with recommendations about cleaning up the oil...
- Mit Bezug auf: Nigeria: NGO alleges Shell has hijacked implementation of the United Nations Environmental Programme (UNEP) oil spill report; includes Shell's response Shell lawsuit (re oil pollution in Nigeria)
- Schwerpunkte: Latest Legal News
- Betreffende Unternehmen: Shell
Autor/in: Rufo Quintavalle, environmental impact investor & founder of Comercial de Madeiras, in Stanford Social Innovation Review (USA)
"Coal: The Time to Divest Is Now", 6 Nov 2015...
Autor/in: Center for International Environmental Law, Maritimes, Guatemala Breaking the Silence Network, MiningWatch Canada, Network in Solidarity with the People of Guatemala & Projet Accompagnement Québec Guatemala
“Impunity Reigns, History Repeats: Anti-Mining Activist Survives Second Armed Attack”, 22 Oct 2015...
Autor/in: Eric Convey, Boston Business Journal (USA)
"MIT announces plan to fight climate change, but without one component activists sought", 22 Oct 2015...
- Schwerpunkte: Mitigation