Damit zusammenhängende Stories in dieser Kategorie
Autor/in: Mark Hamblett, New York Law Journal, in New York Lawyer
A Southern District of New York federal judge has refused to dismiss claims that a Canadian oil company abetted genocide by the government of Sudan against its own people. Talisman Energy Inc. had asked Judge Allen G. Schwartz to dismiss the case...
Wells Fargo & Co. announced it would pay $267,000 in war reparations to Belgian Holocaust survivors, a dramatic change from the position the bank took a day earlier.
- Betreffende Unternehmen: Wells Fargo
Autor/in: Georgette Gagnon, independent human rights consultant; Audrey Macklin, University of Toronto; Penelope Simons, University of Toronto
This paper examines the existing governance gap in the accountability of TNCs for violations of international human rights and humanitarian law associated with their extraterritorial operations. It assesses the adequacy of efforts at self-regulation...
- Mit Bezug auf: Talisman lawsuit (re Sudan)
- Betreffende Unternehmen: BP Chevron China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) EY (Ernst & Young) Greater Nile Petroleum Operating Company (GNPOC) OMV ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) Petronas Premier Oil PricewaterhouseCoopers Shell Sudapet Talisman (part of Repsol) Total
Autor/in: Elliot J. Schrage, Adjunct Senior Fellow in Business and Foreign Policy at the Council on Foreign Relations, and Lecturer in Law at Columbia Law School, in Columbia Journal of Transnational Law
Simply slamming the door on those seeking relief in U.S. courts is bad foreign policy, bad economic policy, and bad legal practice...An effective policy would harness the power of private litigation in U.S. courts as a vehicle for encouraging other...
- Mit Bezug auf: Coca-Cola lawsuit (re Colombia) ExxonMobil lawsuit (re Aceh) Rio Tinto lawsuit (re Papua New Guinea) Talisman lawsuit (re Sudan) Texaco/Chevron lawsuits (re Ecuador) Mehr anzeigenWeniger anzeigen
- Schwerpunkte: Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights
- Betreffende Unternehmen: Barclays Chevron Citigroup Coca-Cola DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Equinor (formerly Statoil) Ford Fresh Del Monte Produce Gap General Motors IBM JPMorgan Chase Levi Strauss Pfizer Talisman (part of Repsol) Texaco (part of Chevron) Unocal (part of Chevron)
Autor/in: law firm of Cohen, Milstein, Hausfeld & Toll
Today the law firm of Cohen, Milstein, Hausfeld & Toll, P.L.L.C. along with other firms in the United States, joins with the South African firm, Abrahams Kiewitz, in filing a complaint that seeks to hold businesses responsible for aiding and...