Damit zusammenhängende Stories in dieser Kategorie
Autor/in: Essex Business and Human Rights Project, Univ. of Essex [UK]
The purpose of this report is to analyse the law that is relevant to decisions about the management of the international oil companies that are operating in the Niger Delta. The focus is on the Shell Group, the largest company operating in the area,...
- Mit Bezug auf: Firestone lawsuit (re Liberia) Report: "Corporate Liability in a New Setting: Shell & the Changing Legal Landscape for the Multinational Oil Industry in the Niger Delta" Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Shell lawsuit (re oil pollution in Nigeria) Trafigura lawsuits (re Côte d’Ivoire) Mehr anzeigenWeniger anzeigen
- Schwerpunkte: UN Secretary-General's Special Representative on business & human rights
- Betreffende Unternehmen: Bridgestone Bridgestone-Firestone (part of Bridgestone) ConocoPhillips Eni Nigerian Agip Oil Company (NAOC) (joint venture Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, Eni, ConocoPhillips) Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) Royal Dutch Shell (Shell) Total Trafigura Beheer
In Uganda, it’s already illegal to be gay. But some government officials -- with support from American evangelicals -- want to take government-sanctioned homophobia a step further. They’ve proposed the Anti-Homosexuality Bill that would, among other...
- Mit Bezug auf: International petition urges PepsiCo to publicly condemn anti-gay legislation in Uganda
- Betreffende Unternehmen: PepsiCo
Autor/in: Collin Burton, Change.org
Ugandan legislators have re-introduced the dangerous Anti-Homosexuality Bill, a proposed law that would criminalize homosexuality in the country with extreme penalties. Under this proposed law, LGBT people could be killed or sentenced to life in prison...
- Mit Bezug auf: Barclays & Citibank petitioned to publicly condemn Uganda's anti-gay legislation
- Betreffende Unternehmen: Barclays Citibank (part of Citigroup) Citigroup
Autor/in: Richard Howitt MEP
…[L]et me restrict my comments to three points:…where the Guiding Principles have taken forward the debate in Europe;…the need to take that coherence in to our own decision-making;… and an attempt to describe what will happen if we fail to act on the...
Autor/in: Cindy Cohn & Jillian York, Electronic Frontier Foundation
...[The] newly-amended Global Online Freedom Act (GOFA),...while far from perfect, is an important step toward protecting human rights and free expression online...[Let's] take a deeper look…The bill contains a number of excellent measures that would...
- Mit Bezug auf: US Congress considering "Internet freedom" legislation to keep US companies from selling technology to repressive govts.
- Betreffende Unternehmen: Boeing Narus (part of Boeing)
Autor/in: Collin Burton, at Change.org
With the “Kill the Gays” bill looming in Uganda’s parliament, Citibank and Barclays have unique and necessary voices that could help stop this bill in its tracks. Their presence in Uganda is significant, and their voices in opposition to the Anti...
Autor/in: Barbara Demick, Los Angeles Times
A few years ago, she embodied the rags-to-riches legend of modern China: The daughter of an illiterate farmer...creates a business empire that makes her one of the country's wealthiest women...A provincial court on Jan. 18 upheld Wu Ying's death...
- Betreffende Unternehmen: Google (part of Alphabet)
Autor/in: Ed Pilkington, Guardian [UK]
Texas…is running out of supplies of lethal drugs and may be incapable of carrying out further death sentences beyond June…Texas has only sufficient quantities in its stores of pentobarbital – the middle drug of the triple lethal injection – to serve in...
- Betreffende Unternehmen: Lundbeck
Autor/in: Sune Skadegård Thorsen, Mira Skadegård Thorsen & Anders Dahl Krabbe, GLOBAL CSR
Professor Ruggie states that his principles are a “game changer”; and he is right...With the UNGP’s, global acceptance has been achieved in regard to a challenging issue. The tremendous support gives the UNGP’s considerable authority...Simultaneously...