Business Leaders Initiative on Human Rights (BLIHR)
Damit zusammenhängende Stories in dieser Kategorie
Autor/in: Intl. Seminar on Business & Human Rights
- Mit Bezug auf: Report on Business & Human Rights Intl. Seminar, Paris, 4 & 5 Dec 2008
- Schwerpunkte: 2009
Autor/in: Christopher Avery, Director, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
[This brief overview of some international developments in the field of business & human rights was presented to the UK Parliament Joint Committee on Human Rights at their mini-conference on business and human rights, the purpose of which was “to...
- Mit Bezug auf: Presentation by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre to UK Parliament's Joint Committee on Human Rights
- Betreffende Unternehmen: Accenture Anglo American Atrium Underwriting (part of Ariel Holdings) Barclays Body Shop (part of Natura) BP British American Tobacco C&A Cape PLC Diageo Erinys International GCM Resources (Global Coal Management) Guinness (part of Diageo) HSBC John Lewis Partnership L'Oreal Lloyd's of London Lloyds Lonmin Marks & Spencer Metals Exploration National Grid NatWest (part of Royal Bank of Scotland) Rio Tinto Royal Bank of Scotland Standard Chartered Tate & Lyle Tesco Unilever Vedanta Resources Vodafone Waitrose (part of John Lewis Partnership) Yahoo! (part of Verizon)
Autor/in: Business Leaders Initiative on Human Rights (BLIHR)
The purpose of the 60th Anniversary in Paris was to mark the importance of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the challenges and opportunities which face us in the field of business and human rights…We…believe that no business…should be shut...
Autor/in: UN Global Compact
..."Human Rights Translated: A Business Reference Guide" ... explains human rights concepts in the language of business through the use of examples and suggested practical actions. The publication...is a joint product of the Castan Centre for Human...
Autor/in: OHCHR, IBLF, UN Global Compact & Castan Centre for Human Rights Law at Faculty of Law, Monash University [Australia]
Readers are guided through each of the rights contained in the UN treaties...and given a description of what each right means in general terms and how it may be relevant to a company’s activities...To bring reality to the report, each description of a...
- Mit Bezug auf: Coca-Cola lawsuit (re Colombia) Freeport-McMoRan lawsuits (re West Papua) New practical human rights guide for business by UN Global Compact, IBLF, Castan Centre, OHCHR Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Union Carbide/Dow lawsuit (re Bhopal) Yahoo! lawsuit (re China) Mehr anzeigenWeniger anzeigen
- Schwerpunkte: Arbitrary detention - an introduction Health - an introduction Killings - an introduction Latest Legal News
- Betreffende Unternehmen: Abengoa adidas Aker Kvaerner Alcoa Alibaba.com AOL Barclays Bayer Bayer CropScience (part of Bayer) Bechtel Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) BHP (formerly BHP Billiton) BP British Airways British American Tobacco CACI CBRL Group Chevron Cisco Systems Coca-Cola Compania Internacional de Bebidas y Alimentos S.A. Cracker Barrel (part of CBRL Group) Credit Suisse Dow Chemical Elf Aquitaine (now part of Total) Emergent Genetics (part of Monsanto) Enron EY (Ernst & Young) Freeport Indonesia (part of Freeport-McMoRan) Freeport-McMoRan G4S GlaxoSmithKline Google (part of Alphabet) GSL Australia (now G4S Australia) HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM IKEA James Hardie Johnson & Johnson KPMG Levi Strauss Marriott McDonald's Microsoft Monsanto (part of Bayer) Novartis Pentland Group Pfizer PricewaterhouseCoopers Royal Dutch Shell (Shell) Starbucks Titan (now L-3 Titan) Total Toyota TPG UBS Unilever Union Carbide (part of Dow) Unocal (part of Chevron) Walmart Walt Disney Yahoo! (part of Verizon)
Autor/in: Amita Joseph & Nidhi Sharma, Business & Community Foundation, India
The 60th Anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights celebration will have a seminar this December exploring the framework by the UN in relation to Business & its Responsibility to Respect Human rights. The list of confirmed speakers...
- Mit Bezug auf: NGO says Intl. Seminar on Business & Human Rights provided platform for firms that abused human rights
- Betreffende Unternehmen: Coca-Cola General Electric (GE)
Autor/in: John F. Sherman, III and Chip Pitts
…Ensuring a robust corporate culture that supports and respects human rights is critical to preventing business-related human rights abuses. To achieve this culture, a company should take an integrated approach. First, the company must understand what...
- Schwerpunkte: Latest Legal News
Autor/in: UN Special Representative John Ruggie
[prepared for Business Leaders Initiative on Human Rights: “Session on Partnerships between Business and Government”] ...[The] State duty to protect lies at the core of the international human rights regime... [Most] governments take a narrow approach...
Autor/in: Business Leaders Initiative on Human Rights
In particular, we welcome the recognition of the corporate responsibility to respect human rights. It requires the performance of due diligence, which is not just a passive or reactive process. The responsibility to respect and its due diligence...