Damit zusammenhängende Stories in dieser Kategorie
“Por un medio ambiente sano que promueva los derechos humanos en el Sur Global”...
“Fighting the tide. Human rights and environmental justice in the Global South”...
Autor/in: Sian Cowman & Aldo Orellana López, Intercontinental Cry (USA)
[E]ighteen Aymara community leaders endured the final stages of a trial that had them facing up to 28 years in prison and massive fines for their alleged roles in the 2011 ‘Aymarazo’ protests against the Santa Ana silver mine...Seventeen...were...
- Mit Bezug auf: Peru: Aymara community leader charged for protests against mine; Bear Creek’s sues govt. in arbitration court over suspension of silver mine project
- Schwerpunkte: Latest news on human rights defenders
- Betreffende Unternehmen: Bear Creek Mining
Autor/in: Jessica Evans, Human Rights Watch
"A Peek Behind the World Bank’s Mask", 1 August 2017...
Autor/in: EarthRights International
"Judge Declares World Bank Immunity Cases “Wrongly Decided”; Indian Plaintiffs Ask D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals to Review “Absolute Immunity” Doctrine", 25 Jul 2017...
- Mit Bezug auf: Intl. Finance Corp. lawsuit (re financing of coal-fired plant in India)
- Schwerpunkte: Latest Legal News
- Betreffende Unternehmen: Tata Group
Autor/in: Nikolai Kuznetsov, Forbes
"According to the World Bank, in 2013, 10.7 percent of the global population lived on less than $1.90 a day. While these figures have been in decline over the last few years, that percentage still equates to around 750 million people. Financial...