Related stories and components
Report alleges European gas industry lobby promotes gas as part of solution to climate emergency; incl. responses
The report "Who owns all the pipelines?" published by the European Network of Corporate Observatories (ENCO) looks at Europe's four biggest gas transport companies - Fluxys (Belgium), Enagás (Spain), GRTgaz (France), Snam (Italy) - and the pipeline and...
Author: Nikki Mandow, Newsroom
"Are we buying slave-picked tinned tomatoes?", 5 October 2019...
Commentary: Joint statement on rights in cyberspace does not adequately ensure protections for rights to expression & privacy
Author: Rebecca Mackinnon, Ranking Digital Rights
"What should governments do?", 26 September 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
Verisk Maplecroft's Human Rights Outlook 2019 says risks spread for businesses & civil society as more countries embrace authoritarian tactics
Author: Verisk Maplecroft
"‘Strongmen’ regimes lead charge against freedom of speech and privacy: Human Rights Outlook 2019", 07 Aug 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on freedom of association Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news on modern slavery & forced labour Latest news on natural resources Latest news on Pacific Business & Human Rights Technology and Human Rights Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: AngloGold Ashanti BHP Billiton Yamana Gold
Oxfam has assessed 16 large supermarkets across the US and Europe on their policies and practices in their food supply chains. Oxfam looked at the transparency of their supply chains, treatment of small-scale farmers and women workers in their supply...
Author: Stuff (NZ)
"German rescue ship captain held in Italy defended at home", 1 July 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Siemens
Author: Süddeusche Zeitung
"'Sea-Watch 3' - Steinmeier kritisiert Italien", 30. Juni 2019...
- Related stories: Politiker und Siemens-Manager kritisieren Festnahme von Sea-Watch-Kapitänin
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Neuigkeiten zu Menschenrechtsaktivisten
- Related companies: Siemens
Author: Centro de Información sobre Empresas y Derechos Humanos
Bienvenidos(as) a nuestro Boletín trimestral de Responsabilidad Legal Empresarial que destaca un tema específico cada trimestre, así como los principales avances en el tema de responsabilidad legal empresarial.......
- Related stories: Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletin: Are shareholders the new champions of climate justice?
- Related in-depth areas: Actualizaciones Trimestrales de Responsabilidad Legal Empresarial Últimas noticias legales
- Related companies: Bushmaster Firearms International, LLC Chevron Edison International Eternit (Switzerland) ExxonMobil Gloucester Resources Natural Fruit Petroleum Authority of Thailand Exploration and Production (PTTEP) Raub Australian Gold Mining (RAGM) Shell Thammakaset 2 Vedanta Resources
Author: Alessandro Runci, Re:Common
Nobody wants their party to be ruined, and corporations are no exception to this. Annual Shareholders Meetings (AGMs) are for them an opportunity to showcase their financial and economic performances and portray their integrity and sustainability....
Author: Tobias Jones & Ayo Awokoya, The Guardian
"Are your tinned tomatoes picked by slave labour?" 20 June 2019...