Related stories and components
Finland: Civil society calls on Govt. to explore common EU approach to mandatory human rights due diligence legislation during EU Presidency
Author: European Coalition for Corporate Justice et al
We, the undersigned NGOs, are calling on the Finnish government to set an ambitious agenda for the implementation of the United Nations Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights (UNGPs) at European Union (EU) level......
Author: 20 minutes (France)
« Eternit: nouveau procès contre Schmidheiny », 25 janvier 2019...
- Related companies: Eternit (Switzerland)
European Court of Human Rights condemns Italy for failing to protect citizens from a polluting steel plant managed by ArcelorMittal
"European Court condemns Italy for pollution at Ilva steel plant", 24 Jan 2019...
UN Special Rapporteur on human rights defenders' global survey highlights role of cos. in attacks in several countries
Author: Michel Forst, UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights Defenders (Switzerland)
"World report on the situation of human rights defenders", 17 Dec 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news on Pacific Business & Human Rights Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Compañia de Minas Buenaventura Formosa Plastics Jiew Kang Jue Pattana Co. Ltd. Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont, Sumitomo & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Newmont Goldcorp Sumitomo Group
Fundamental Rights Agency finds that civil society in EU is facing increasing challenges & explores role of business
The European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights (FRA) report from January 2018 looked into the different types and patterns of challenges that civil society organizations working on human rights face in the European Union. In September 2018, FRA...
Europe: Amazon workers to protest 'inhuman' warehouse working conditions on Black Friday; incl. co comments
Author: Business Insider
"Amazon workers across Europe will protest 'inhuman' warehouse working conditions on Black Friday", 22 Nov 2018...
- Related companies: Amazon.com
Commentary: European Parliamentarians want to move on human rights due diligence legislation, says ECCJ
Author: European Coalition for Corporate Justice
ECCJ [...] spoke to the Belgian federal parliament’s intergroup on Fair Trade at its annual meeting on 20 November 2018... The intergroup's members expressed interest in further discussions on possible human rights due diligence rules for Belgium.....
- Related in-depth areas: Human rights due diligence
Bolton Group to adopt new tuna sourcing policy following consumer pressure for better fishing practices & human rights standards for workers
Author: Oliver Knowles, Greenpeace
"People powered progress on tuna", 24 October 2018...