الحقوق في الأراضي
Related stories and components
Author: Mathibela Mankge
Angloplatinum [part of Anglo American] intends to remove my ancestors’ graves and submerge my community’s sacred rain making pools under a dam. The community objects to this action as it will destroy our invaluable heritage, as well as destroy the...
Author: RALLT - Red por una América Latina libre de transgénicos
Recopilacion de notas sobre la situación de los agrocombustibles en Guatemala, donde se analiza su costo social y ambiental. Se analiza la situación particularmente de la palma y la jatropha, y se da información sobre un préstamo del BID para...
- Related stories: Guatemala: Recopilación de notas sobre problemas sociales y ambientales de los agrocombustibles
- Related companies: Bionor (part of CIE Automotive) CIE Automotive
Author: Fred Kockott, Sunday Tribune [So. Africa]
Sonjica vs Spoor - it's a classic showdown that has rural villagers and traditional leaders on the Wild Coast tackling the South African government for not protecting their land against mining practices which they consider exploitative and rapacious.....
Author: Amnesty International
The Dongria Khond Adivasi (Indigenous) communities of Orissa should not be forcibly evicted from the homes and lands they traditionally own or occupy, Amnesty International said today, following India’s Supreme Court decision to allow Sterlite...
- Related stories: India: Supreme Court gives Vedanta the go ahead to mine tribal peoples’ sacred mountain in Orissa
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Posco Sterlite Industries (part of Vedanta Resources) Vedanta Resources
Author: Karen Trejo, Latinamerica Press / Noticias Aliadas
El proyecto del Corredor Eólico del Istmo de Tehuantepec…ha provocado el despojo masivo de la tierra y de los recursos naturales de centenares de campesinos y campesinas indígenas de Oaxaca, por medio de la firma de contratos de arrendamiento de sus...
- Related stories: Mexico: Wind power firms accused of displacing indigenous people in Oaxaca - companies respond
- Related companies: Endesa (part of Enel) Gamesa Iberdrola Unión Fenosa (now Gas Natural)
Author: Nguon Sovan & Sebastian Strangio, Phnom Penh Post
Next month, developers [Shukaku Inc.] will begin filling in Phnom Penh's Boeung Kak Lake...But residents remain concerned about their fate…Despite exhaustive efforts by Post reporters to track down the developer for comment, no Phnom Penh office or...
Response by Minefinders Corporation: Allegations that Minefinders' subsidiary pollutes water sources, displaces local communities – includes NGO ProDesc reply to the company. Click here
- Related in-depth areas: Minera Dolores (Minefinders), Chihuahua, México - 2008
- This is a response from the following companies: Minefinders Corporation
Author: Maria Luisa Palomino, Terry Wade & Marguerita Choy, Reuters
Pluspetrol...was forced to shut down part of one of its natural gas lots...after Peruvian tribes invaded it over a dispute over land…Indigenous rights group AIDESEP said tribes seized drilling platforms, a helicopter port and buildings in southern Peru...
- Related stories: Peru: Tribes seize Pluspetrol's sites to protest against oil & gas drilling on disputed lands
- Related companies: Pluspetrol
Author: Clare Kendall, Telegraph [UK]
Once it was pristine rainforest. Now it has been described as an Amazonian Chernobyl. Millions of gallons of crude oil and toxic waste…has blighted 1,700 hectares of land and poisoned the rivers and streams in Sucumbios in the north-east corner of...