الحقوق في الأراضي
Related stories and components
Author: Jen Moore and Manuel Perez Rocha: Mining Watch, Institute for Policy Studies y CIEL
"Casino del extractivismo: Las empresas mineras apuestan con la vida y la soberanía de Amércia Latina usando el arbitraje supranacional", abril 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on ISDS Últimas noticias legales
- Related companies: Anglo American Blackfire Exploration Commerce Group Compagnie Minière Internationale Or S.A. Compañia de Minas Buenaventura Compañía Minera de Bajo Caroní Copper Mesa Mining Corona Materials LLC Cosigo Resources Crystallex Doe Run (part of Renco) Dominion Resources Eco Oro Minerals (formerly Greystar Resources) Galway Gold Glencore Goldcorp (now Newmont Goldcorp) Gran Colombia Gold Highbury International Infinito Gold INV Metals Kappes, Cassiday & Associates Legacy Vulcan Corp (part of Vulcan Materials Company) Minera Aratirí (part of Zamin Ferrous Group) Newmont Goldcorp Nova Scotia Power OceanaGold Odessey Marine Exploration Pacific Rim Mining Primero Mining Quiborax Ramstein Trading Inc Red Eagle Exploration Ltd (Part of Red Eagle Mining Corporation) Renco RSM Production Corporation Rusoro Mining Tahoe Resources (part of Pan American Silver) Tobie Mining and Energy Inc TriMetals Mining (former South American Silver) Vanessa Ventures Venezuelan Mining Corp Zamin Ferrous Group Zamora Gold Corp
Author: Diego Junqueira, Repórter Brasil (Brazil)
“Em meio a ‘apagão médico’ indígena, 3 crianças morrem em 11 dias no Xingu”, 2 de junho de 2019...
Brazil: Head of indigenous affairs fired in apparent bid to open up the Amazon to agribusiness and mining
Author: Al Jazeera
“Brazil indigenous affairs head fired amid push to develop Amazon”, 12th June 2019...
Ethiopia: Oakland Institute report says state projects have left thousands in danger of conflict & starvation; includes govt. official's response
A recent Oakland Institute report claims that Gibe III dam and irrigated sugar plantations are “wreaking havoc” in southern Ethiopia and threaten to wipe out tens of thousands of indigenous peoples. It continues that the government has yet to address...
Author: La Jornada (México)
“Directivos de Minera Peñasquito desairan mesa de diálogo con la Segob”, 12 de junio de 2019...
- Related companies: Newmont Goldcorp
Cambodia: EU delegations visit Cambodia to assess the human rights and labour rights situation and urge Cambodia to show real and credible improvements
Author: European Commission
"EU sends monitoring mission to Cambodia to assess the human rights and labour rights situation", 11 June 2019...
Cambodia: Preah Vihear provincial court charges villagers and NGOs staffers over land disputes with a Chinese company
Author: Kimmarita Long, The Phnom Penh Post
"Court charges villagers over land dispute with Chinese firm", 14 June 2019...
- Related stories: Cambodia: Conflicts continue between Preah Vihear villagers & Hengfu Sugar subsidiaries, as locals accuse companies of taking land without adequate compensations
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Lan Feng (Cambodia) International Co., Ltd.
Solomon Islands: Xiang Lin SI allegedly linked to illegal logging in the Solomon Islands; “Nende Five” protestors imprisoned
A report by Mongabay (linked below) alleges that Xi Lin SI, a Malaysia-based logging company, is linked to the imprisonment of five protesters in the Solomon Islands who tried to stop the company’s logging operations, which they allege to be illegal....