Related stories and components
Commentary: Covid-19-related border closures do not not stop trafficking; exploitation of vulnerable workers increases
Author: Erin Anderson, DevPolicy
"Closing borders will not stop human trafficking in ASEAN," 12 May 2020...
USA: Child privacy advocates allege TikTok of violating agreement to protect children and file complaint with Federal Trade Commission
Author: The Verge
“TikTok hit with complaint from child privacy advocates who say it’s still flouting the law”, 14 May 2020...
- Related stories: USA: Child privacy advocates allege TikTok of violating agreement to protect children and file complaint with Federal Trade Commission
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas Technology and Human Rights
- Related companies: ByteDance TikTok (part of ByteDance) YouTube (part of Alphabet)
China: Authorities investigate baby products shop after infants develop swollen heads allegedly from drinking fake milk formula
Author: South China Morning Post (Hong Kong)
“China investigates claims babies sickened by fake milk formula”, 14 May 2020...
“湖南郴州再现“大头娃娃”事件 官方回应：未发现医生参与”, 2020年5月13日...
- Related stories: 中国：湖南婴儿怀疑因食用假奶粉变“大头娃娃”，永庆县当局就事件展开调查
Tool provides guidance to companies on protecting the right to health in accordance with human rights due diligence standards
Author: Ana Dangova Hug, Inter Partes
"Tool on (Children's) Right to Health and Businesses: Unpacking the Human Rights Due Diligence Standard", May 2020...
- Related stories: Human rights guidance & tools for companies during COVID-19
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response Human rights due diligence
Law firm releases tool kit for implementing human rights due diligence for children in supply chains