Related stories and components
Author: Delphine Cuny, La Tribune (France)
« Pourquoi l'engagement d'entreprise devient le nouveau credo de BNP Paribas », 11 juillet 2017...
Business human rights responsibility for refugees & migrant workers: Turning policies into practice in the Middle East
Author: Samentha Goethals, Joseph Bardwell, Mariam Bhacker, & Bahaa Ezzelarab, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre in Business & Human Rights Journal
...Our focus in this piece is to consider how companies have been implementing their human rights responsibility to address the risks and challenges faced by refugees and migrant workers in the Middle East, a region that is currently experiencing...
- Related stories: Business & Human Rights Journal (Volume 2, Issue 2)
- Related in-depth areas: Syrian refugees: Abuse & exploitation in Turkish garment factories
- Related companies: Al Balagh Trading & Contracting Al Jaber Group Arcadia Group ASOS Associated British Foods BAM International (part of Royal BAM) Burberry C&A Esprit FIFA Gap Gerry Weber H&M HBK Contracting Company Inditex J&P Avax SA J&P Group J.C. Penney KiK Larsen & Toubro LC Waikiki Lidl Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Mexx (part of RNF Holding) Midmac Mothercare New Look New Yorker Next OHL Otto Porr Primark (part of Associated British Foods) River Island (part of Lewis Trust) Royal BAM s.Oliver Sainsbury's SuperGroup Tchibo Tesco VF Corp Walmart White Stuff
Author: Sara Spary, BuzzFeed
"Starbucks Will Hire 2,500 Refugees To Work In Its European Coffee Shops Despite Backlash", 20 Jun 2017...
- Related stories: World Refugee Day 2017: Companies take action in support of rights
- Related companies: Starbucks
Author: Tim Hepher, Thomson Reuters Foundation
Airlines are being urged to train more flight attendants to help prevent human trafficking, placing cabin crew on the front line of the fight against sexual exploitation and slavery. Airline leaders meeting in Mexico will be briefed by the United...
H&M takes steps to improve working conditions in supply chain by encouraging trade unions within factories
"H&M initiates steps to improve working conditions", 24 May 2017...
- Related companies: H&M
Author: Revista Semana
¿Qué hay detrás del “veto” al carbón colombiano en Italia? – 10 de mayo de 2017...
- Related stories: Italy/Colombia: Enel suspends contract with Drummond & Prodeco (part of Glencore); NGOs cite human rights abuse
- Related companies: Drummond Enel Glencore Prodeco (part of Glencore)
Colombia: Enel suspends purchases from Drummond & Prodeco's coal; NGOs say decision linked to human rights abuses
Author: PAX for Peace
“Enel suspends blood coal imports” 04-05-2017...