Related stories and components
Canada: Major hospitality union votes for strike to negotiate improvements in wages and working conditions
Author: Susan Lazaruk, Vancouver Sun
"Job action possible after Vancouver hotel workers deliver strike vote", 24 August 2019...
- Related companies: Hyatt
In a report to the UN Human Rights Council, the European-Third World Centre (CETIM) details allegations of worker's rights abuses in Glencore's operations in multiple countries including Bolivia, Canada, Australia, Zambia, Colombia, and the Democratic...
"Teamsters Reach Tentative Agreement with Air Canada", 13 August 2019...
- Related companies: Air Canada
Author: Sarah Shearman and Annie Banerji, Thomson Reuters Foundation
"ANALYSIS-Want to invest responsibly? A new breed of stock exchange aims to help", 12 July 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Finance
Foreign plaintiffs can access Canadian courts for claims against parent companies over subsidiaries liability for abuses abroad
Author: Aidan Macnab, Canadian Lawyer
"Canadian companies can face legal action in Canada for subsidiary’s crimes in foreign jurisdictions", 6 Aug 2019...
- Related stories: Guatemalan protestors reach landmark settlement in lawsuit against Canadian co. Pan American Silver Tahoe Resources lawsuit (re Guatemala)
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Pan American Silver Tahoe Resources (part of Pan American Silver)
Colombia: Diplomatic corps and international NGO visit Buenaventura following attack on social leader
Author: PBI Canada
“PBI-Colombia visits Buenaventura following attack on social leader Carlos Tobar”, 11th August 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
Verisk Maplecroft's Human Rights Outlook 2019 says risks spread for businesses & civil society as more countries embrace authoritarian tactics
Author: Verisk Maplecroft
"‘Strongmen’ regimes lead charge against freedom of speech and privacy: Human Rights Outlook 2019", 07 Aug 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on freedom of association Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news on modern slavery & forced labour Latest news on natural resources Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights Technology and Human Rights Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: AngloGold Ashanti BHP Billiton Yamana Gold