Related stories and components
Honduras: Financial institutions could withdraw funding for the Agua Zarca hydroelectric project after investigation into Berta Caceres’ assassination
Author: Nina Lakhani, The Guardian (UK)
“Backers of Honduran dam opposed by murdered activist withdraw funding”, 5 Jun 17...
“Cuadernos de coyuntura 15: La presencia china en Bolivia”...
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas Últimas noticias sobre recursos naturales
- Related companies: Beijing Urban Construction Group China International Water & Electric (CWE) China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) China Railway Construction HydroChina Nanjing Iron and Steel Union Shenzhen Water Sinohydro Sinopec
Author: Sputnik News
“Ecuador finaliza tratados de protección de inversiones con 16 países”...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on ISDS
The Joint Committee for Human Rights (JCHR) has released the report of its second inquiry on Business and Human Rights - a previous inquiry took place in 2009. Eight years on, the JCHR finds that stronger legislation and enforcement to protect workers...
Lloyd's & Oxford Univ. report urges insurance industry to act on climate change to avoid stranded assets
Author: Chris Seekings, Actuary Magazine
"Action needed to avoid climate change leaving insurance industry with ‘stranded assets’", 27 Feb 2017...
- Related companies: Lloyd's of London
Author: John Ruggie, Berthold Beitz Professor at Harvard Kennedy School of Government
...according to an ILO report one out of seven jobs worldwide is related to global supply chains. That number does not encompass so-called non-standard forms of work, which can range from casual and temporary employment to forced and bonded labor, nor...
- Related stories: German G20 Presidency: Civil society calls for higher priority of human rights protection in intl. supply chains
- Related companies: Foxconn (part of Hon Hai)
Author: La Nación, CIADI
“La Argentina ganó un caso en el Ciadi” - 10 de diciembre de 2016...
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias legales
Brazil: Hearing held to discuss the activity of Onça Puma Mining, affecting the Xikrin indigenous community
"STF: MPF pede que recursos às aldeias Xikrin atingidas pela Mineração Onça Puma sejam liberados", Janeiro 2017...
Author: David Dollar, Senior Fellow - Foreign Policy, Global Economy and Development, John L. Thornton China Center
For the five-year period between 2015 and 2019, China’s President Xi Jinping set ambitious goals for exchange with the Latin American and Caribbean region (LAC): $500 billion in trade and $250 billion in direct investment. The pledge was made in...
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas