Related stories and components
UK: Global Witness calls on govt. to act on pledge to support defenders in face of violence related to mining, oil & gas projects
Author: Ben Leather, Global Witness
"The UK has pledged to support human rights defenders – but will it follow through?", 07 Aug 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
Calls for major reforms to UK Modern Slavery Act & mandatory due diligence growing, Ethical Corporation reports
Author: Katherine Steiner-Dicks, Ethical Corporation
"‘We know most global companies have modern slavery in their supply chains’", 6 Aug 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on mandatory human rights due diligence Latest news on modern slavery & forced labour
- Related companies: "S Group" Argos (part of Home Retail Group) ASDA (part of Walmart) ASN Bank (part of SNS Reaal) ASOS Barry Callebaut Bavaria (part of SABMiller) Cargill Heineken Home Retail Group Homebase (part of Home Retail Group) John Lewis Partnership Marks & Spencer Rabobank Sainsbury's SNS Reaal Tesco Tony's Chocoloney Travis Perkins Vedanta Resources Waitrose (part of John Lewis Partnership) Walmart Wickes
Author: Alison Flood, The Independent
"Waterstones living-wage protesters leave bookselling", 10 August 2019...
Verisk Maplecroft's Human Rights Outlook 2019 says risks spread for businesses & civil society as more countries embrace authoritarian tactics
Author: Verisk Maplecroft
"‘Strongmen’ regimes lead charge against freedom of speech and privacy: Human Rights Outlook 2019", 07 Aug 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on freedom of association Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news on modern slavery & forced labour Latest news on natural resources Technology and Human Rights Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: AngloGold Ashanti BHP Billiton Yamana Gold
Leigh Day seminar highlights Lungowe v Vedanta case and its impact on future legal liability of corporations
Author: Leigh Day
"Lungowe v Vedanta: perspectives from the front line", 31 Jul 2019...
- Related stories: Vedanta Resources lawsuit (re water contamination, Zambia)
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Vedanta Resources
Author: ITV News
"Ryanair pilots vote for strike action in row over pay and conditions", 7 August 2019...
- Related stories: Ryanair pilots set to strike globally over poor wages and working conditions
- Related companies: Ryanair
UK: Conditions at Rockstar studio allegedly set to improve following report highlighting company’s ‘crunch culture’
Author: Stephen Totilo, Kotaku
"Months After Labor Controversy, Rockstar Converts Game-Testers To Full-Time", 7 August 2019...
- Related stories: UK: Rockstar Games improves working conditions following investigation highlighting excessive overtime & temporary contracts
- Related companies: Rockstar Games
Author: Kieran Guilbert, Thomson Reuters Foundation
"EXCLUSIVE - UK found sending home dozens of slavery victims despite re-trafficking fears", 6 August 2019 ...
- Related in-depth areas: Forced labour & slavery
Author: Matthew Bunn, Nottinghamshire Live
"Strike vote over 'savage' rota change plans for Wilko's Nottinghamshire distribution hub", 5 August 2019...
- Related companies: Wilkinson Hardware
Author: Rede Brasil Atual (Brazil)
“Mundo repercute sanha devastadora de Bolsonaro na ciência e no meio ambiente”, 3 de agosto de 2019...