Related stories and components
Author: Louise Eldridge, CORE Coalition
In a historic ruling, the UK Supreme Court has allowed 1,826 Zambian villagers to continue to pursue their case (Lungowe and others v. Vedanta Resource Plc) against UK-based mining giant Vedanta in the UK courts. The villagers from Chingola, in Zambia...
- Related stories: Vedanta Resources lawsuit (re water contamination, Zambia)
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on mandatory human rights due diligence
- Related companies: Vedanta Resources
FLEX research project to explore adaptability of Worker-driven Social Responsibility to new contexts, incl. UK
Author: Meri Åhlberg, Focus on Labour Exploitation (FLEX)
''Putting the power in workers’ hands: FLEX scopes a new approach to tackling labour abuse and exploitation", 4 July 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Beyond Social Auditing
Author: Jonathan Prynn, Evening Standard
"Nearly half of Londoners 'think City should stop investing in fossil fuel companies'", 1 July 2019...
Author: Julius Melnitzer, Financial Post (Canada)
"Why parent companies may soon be unable to claim immunity from their subsidiary's liabilities", 23 Jun 2019...
Author: Centro de Información sobre Empresas y Derechos Humanos
Bienvenidos(as) a nuestro Boletín trimestral de Responsabilidad Legal Empresarial que destaca un tema específico cada trimestre, así como los principales avances en el tema de responsabilidad legal empresarial.......
- Related stories: Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletin: Are shareholders the new champions of climate justice?
- Related in-depth areas: Boletín Trimestral de Responsabilidad Legal Empresarial Últimas noticias legales
- Related companies: Bushmaster Firearms International, LLC Chevron Edison International Eternit (Switzerland) ExxonMobil Gloucester Resources Natural Fruit Petroleum Authority of Thailand Exploration and Production (PTTEP) Raub Australian Gold Mining (RAGM) Shell Thammakaset 2 Vedanta Resources
UK: Companies' data collection practices lead to discrimination, MPs told ahead of inquiry into right to privacy
Author: Alex Hern, The Guardian
"Data collection leads to discrimination and self-censorship, MPs told", 19 June 2019...
UK: Boohoo addresses claims it is reluctant to acknowledge trade union as union prepares to heighten campaign for recognition
Author: Hannah Abdulla, just-style
"Boohoo rebuffs claims it is reluctant to engage with unions", 14 June 2019...
- Related stories: UK: Fashion retailer Boohoo accused of refusal to recognise trade union, despite commitment to do so; Incl. co. comments
- Related companies: Boohoo
UK: Fashion retailer Boohoo accused of refusal to recognise trade union, despite commitment to do so; Incl. co. comments
UK fashion etailer Boohoo has been accused of refusing to recognise retail trade union USDAW, despite assurances that it would do so during a parliamentary inquiry on the fast-fashion industry in the UK, led by the Environmental Auditing Committee (EA...
Author: Jen Moore and Manuel Perez Rocha: Mining Watch, Institute for Policy Studies y CIEL
"Casino del extractivismo: Las empresas mineras apuestan con la vida y la soberanía de Amércia Latina usando el arbitraje supranacional", abril 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on ISDS Últimas noticias legales
- Related companies: Anglo American Blackfire Exploration Commerce Group Compagnie Minière Internationale Or S.A. Compañia de Minas Buenaventura Compañía Minera de Bajo Caroní Copper Mesa Mining Corona Materials LLC Cosigo Resources Crystallex Doe Run (part of Renco) Dominion Resources Eco Oro Minerals (formerly Greystar Resources) Galway Gold Glencore Goldcorp (now Newmont Goldcorp) Gran Colombia Gold Highbury International Infinito Gold INV Metals Kappes, Cassiday & Associates Legacy Vulcan Corp (part of Vulcan Materials Company) Minera Aratirí (part of Zamin Ferrous Group) Newmont Goldcorp Nova Scotia Power OceanaGold Odessey Marine Exploration Pacific Rim Mining Primero Mining Quiborax Ramstein Trading Inc Red Eagle Exploration Ltd (Part of Red Eagle Mining Corporation) Renco RSM Production Corporation Rusoro Mining Tahoe Resources (part of Pan American Silver) Tobie Mining and Energy Inc TriMetals Mining (former South American Silver) Vanessa Ventures Venezuelan Mining Corp Zamin Ferrous Group Zamora Gold Corp
Survivors & relatives of victims of Grenfell Tower fire launch lawsuit in US against cladding & insulation makers
Author: Benjamin Mueller, New York Times (USA)
"Survivors of London's Grenfell Fire Sue in Philadelphia Court", 11 Jun 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News