Related stories and components
Commentary: Lawyer urges New Zealand business community to implement UN Guiding Principles on Business & Human Rights
Author: Rebecca McAllum, via Human Rights Foundation
"Business and Human Rights", 7 Feb 2017...
Vigeo Eiris releases new study assessing how 3000 companies worldwide address four key areas of human rights
The human rights responsibilities of business in a changing world - 23 February 2017...
USA: 130 investors call on banks financing DAPL pipeline to address Sioux tribe's rights citing reputational & financial risks
Author: Boston Common Asset Management & 129 investors
"Investors Urge Banks to Support Re-routing Dakota Access Pipeline, Protect Water", 17 Feb 2017...
Leadership, leverage & solidarity by companies who support humans right defenders will pay long-term dividends, says Intl. Service for Human Rights
Author: Sarah Brooks, International Service for Human Rights (ISHR)
"Business can and should ally with those defending human rights", 1 Feb 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: adidas FMO
Author: B Team
"New Report: Refugees are an Opportunity for Humanity", 10 Dec 2016...
Author: Eric March, Upworthy
“A spice company CEO took a stand against bigotry. It turned out to be good for business”, 2 December 2016...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms USA: Trump administration actions on business & human rights
- Related companies: 3M Kellogg Vanguard
"Does business structure influence social impact? Early insights and practical implications for donor agencies"
Author: Oxfam and DCED (Donor Committee for Enterprise Development)
- Related stories: Business models and their implications for human rights
- Related companies: Cafédirect IKEA Unilever Walmart
Author: Neil Irwin, New York Times
...To fix it, executives came up with what, for Walmart, counted as a revolutionary idea. This is, after all, a company famous for squeezing pennies so successfully that labor groups accuse it of depressing wages across the American economy. As an...
- Related companies: Walmart