Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Switzerland
Author: United Nations Global Compact
A human rights policy can take many forms and has no uniform definition…Adopting a human rights policy is only a first step in a company’s human rights due diligence towards meeting its responsibility to respect human rights. But it sends a clear...
- Related stories: United Nations Global Compact: "Guide on How to Develop a Human Rights Policy"
- Related in-depth areas: Tools & Guidance
- Related companies: ABB adidas Alcoa Anadolu Efes AngloGold Ashanti ANZ Bank AstraZeneca AXA Balfour Beatty Barclays BASF Bayer BG Group BHP Billiton BlackRock Cadbury (part of Mondelēz International) Carrefour Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore Xstrata) Coca-Cola Codelco DuPont Eni Ford Fujitsu General Electric GlaxoSmithKline H&M HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC IKEA Marks & Spencer Marriott Mitsubishi Group National Grid Novartis Pentland Group Phillips-Van Heusen Reebok (part of adidas) Shell Tata Group TeliaSonera Tesco Total Vale Vodafone Westpac Yahoo!
Author: American Chamber of Commerce in Egypt
[presentations to American Chamber of Commerce in Egypt] The CSR Committee met on March 30 at the Cairo Marriott Hotel to discuss “Safeguarding human rights in business practices.” Featured speakers were Kathryn Dovey, director, Global Business...
Author: Global Business Initiative on Human Rights (GBI)
GBI today formally announced that the Initiative's core group of members will be joined by Singapore-based electronics manufacturing services provider Flextronics and Colombian mining company Cerrejon [joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton,...
[PDF] Moving Ahead Together: Evaluation of Business and Human Rights workshops within the Sino-Swiss Human Rights Dialogue
Author: Frances House, Institute for Human Rights & Business
The Swiss government invited the Institute for Human Rights and Business to undertake a reporting and evaluation exercise for two workshops within the Sino‐ Swiss Human Rights Dialogue: 'A rights‐based approach to CSR reporting', and 'Labour Rights...
Author: Global Business Initative
[A] number of themes were raised during the roundtable…When addressing the human rights responsibilities of business – there needs to be a stronger link made to…concerns such as poverty, natural resource use, climate change, conflict and corruption...
- Related stories: Global Business Initiative roundtable on business & human rights in Asia (Delhi, Nov 2009)
- Related companies: ABB Ayala Bank of Ceylon Bharti Airtel BP Brandix Chevron EDF General Electric HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Indian Oil Corporation Jaipur Rugs Jindal MAS Holdings Monsanto Pfizer Shell Sime Darby Tata Group Yes Bank
Author: Global Business Initiative on Human Rights
November 5th & 6th | New Delhi, India......
Author: Carbon Disclosure Project
Following the increase in the number of CDP signatories, the standard of disclosure over the past seven years since the inception of CDP has increased dramatically... The number of Asian companies responding to CDP 2009 increasedby 39% (51 to 71) from...
- Related stories: Carbon Disclosure Project finds improved disclosure of emissions among world's largest companies - Bayer, BASF, HSBC, Wal-Mart, Chevron lead
- Related companies: 3M A.P. Moller - Maersk ABB Abbott Laboratories Abertis ACS (Brazil-Ukraine) Adobe Systems Aetna AFLAC Ahold Air Liquide Air Products Allergan Allianz Allstate Alstom Altria Amazon.com AmBev (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) América Movil American Electric Power Amgen Anadarko Anglo American Anglo Platinum (part of Anglo American) Anheuser-Busch InBev ANZ Bank Aon Apache Apple Applied Materials Arcelor Mittal Archer Daniels Midland Assicurazioni Generali AstraZeneca AT&T Aviva AXA BAE Systems Baker Hughes Banco Bradesco Banco do Brasil Banco Itau Bank of America Bank of China Bank of Montreal Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Bank of Nova Scotia Barclays Barrick Gold BASF Baxter International Bayer BB&T BBVA BD (Becton, Dickinson) Beiersdorf Berkshire Hathaway BG Group BHP Billiton BMW BNP Paribas BNY Mellon Boeing Bouygues BP Bridgestone Bristol-Myers Squibb British American Tobacco British Sky Broadcasting BT Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) Cadbury (part of Mondelēz International) Campbell Soup Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Canadian Natural Resources Canon Capital One Cardinal Carnival Carrefour Caterpillar Central Japan Railway Centrica CEPSA Charles Schwab Chesapeake Energy Cheung Kong Chevron China Construction Bank China Life Insurance China Mobile China Telecom Chubb Group Chubu Electric Power Chunghwa Telecom Cisco Systems Citigroup CLP Holdings CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive Comcast Commonwealth Bank Con Edison ConocoPhillips Corning Costco Crédit Agricole Credit Suisse CRH (Cement Roadstone Holdings) CSX CVS Daimler Danaher Danone Dell Denso Deutsche Bank Deutsche Boerse Deutsche Post Deutsche Telekom Devon Energy Diageo Diamond Offshore Drilling DirecTV Dominion Resources Dow Chemical Duke Energy DuPont E.ON EADS (European Aeronautic Defence and Space) East Japan Railway eBay EDF Edison International Eli Lilly EMC Emerson Electric Enbridge EnCana Enel Eni Entergy EOG Resources Ericsson Exelon ExxonMobil FedEx FirstEnergy Fortum FPL Group France Telecom (now Orange) Franklin Templeton Freeport-McMoRan Fresenius Medical Care Fuji Photo Film Gas Natural Gazprom GDF Suez Genentech General Dynamics General Electric General Mills Genzyme Gilead Sciences GlaxoSmithKline Goldcorp Goldman Sachs Google Grupo México H&M Halliburton Hang Seng Bank Heineken Heinz Hermès Hess Corporation Hitachi Holcim Home Depot Hon Hai Honda Honeywell Hong Kong Electric HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Hutchison Whampoa Iberdrola IBM Illinois Tool Works Imperial Oil Imperial Tobacco Inditex Industrial & Commercial Bank of China Infosys ING INPEX Intel Intesa Sanpaolo Jardine Matheson John Deere Johnson & Johnson Johnson Controls JPMorgan Chase Kansai Electric Power (KEPCO) Kao KBC KDDI Kellogg's Kimberly-Clark Kinross Gold Kohl's Komatsu Korea Electric Power (KEPCO) Kraft Foods Kroger Kyocera L'Oreal Lafarge Linde Lloyds TSB Lockheed Martin Loews Lorillard Tobacco (part of Carolina Group) Lowe's Lukoil LVMH Manulife Financial Marathon Oil Maroc Telecom MasterCard McDonald's Medtronic Merck Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Metlife Metro Group Microsoft Millea Mitsubishi Electric (part of Mitsubishi Group) Mitsubishi Group Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Mitsubishi Materials (part of Mitsubishi Group) Mitsubishi UFJ Mitsui Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance (part of Sumitomo Group) Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group) Monsanto Morgan Stanley Morrisons MTN MTR Munich Re National Australia Bank National Grid Nestlé Newmont News Corporation Nexen Nike Nintendo Nippon Steel Nissan Nokia Nomura Nordea Bank Norfolk Southern Norilsk Nickel Northrop Grumman Novartis Novatek Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) NTPC NTT Data Nucor OCBC Bank Occidental Petroleum ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) Oracle Panasonic Paychex PepsiCo Pernod Ricard Petro-Canada (part of Suncor) Petrobras PetroChina Pfizer PG&E PNC Financial Services Posco PotashCorp PPL Praxair Procter & Gamble Progress Energy Progressive Insurance Prudential Financial PTT Public Service Enterprise Group QBE Insurance Raytheon Reckitt Benckiser Reed Elsevier Group Reliance Industries Repsol YPF Research In Motion (now BlackBerry) Resona Reynolds American Rio Tinto Roche Rohm & Haas (part of Dow Chemical) Rosneft Royal Bank of Canada Royal Bank of Scotland Royal Philips Electronics RWE SABMiller Saint-Gobain Samsung Sanofi-Aventis Santander SAP Sasol Schering-Plough Schlumberger Schneider Electric Scottish and Southern Energy Sempra Energy Seven & i Shin-Etsu Group Siemens Simon Property Singapore Telecommunications Sinopec Société Générale Softbank Sony Southern Company Southern Copper (part of Grupo México) Spectra Energy Standard Bank Standard Chartered Staples State Bank of India State Street Statoil Sumitomo Group Sumitomo Metal Industries (part of Sumitomo Group) Sumitomo Mitsui Banking (part of Sumitomo Group) Sun Hung Kai Properties Sun Life Financial Suncor SunTrust Banks Surgutneftegas Swiss Re Syngenta Sysco Takeda Pharmaceutical Talisman Target Tata Consultancy Services (part of Tata Group) Tata Group Telecom Italia Telefónica TeliaSonera Telstra Tesco Teva Pharmaceutical Texas Instruments Thomson Reuters ThyssenKrupp Time Warner Tohoku Electric Power Tokio Marine & Nichido (part of Millea) Tokyo Electric Power (TEPCO) Tokyo Gas Toronto-Dominion Bank Toshiba Total Toyota Transcanada Transocean Turkcell Tyco UBS Unicredito Italiano (now Unicredit) Unilever Unión Fenosa (now Gas Natural) Union Pacific United Technologies UnitedHealth Group UPS US Bancorp Vale Veolia Environnement (formerly Vivendi) Verizon Vinci Vivendi Volkswagen Wachovia (part of Wells Fargo) Wal-Mart de Mexico (Walmex) Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Waste Management Wellpoint Wells Fargo Westpac Wilmar International Woolworths Limited Wyeth (part of Pfizer) Xstrata (part of Glencore Xstrata) XTO Energy (part of ExxonMobil) Yahoo! YUM! Zurich
Author: Jeremy van Loon and Eva von Schaper, Bloomberg
Siemens AG, Munich Re and 10 more companies agreed to draw up blueprints for a project to harness power from the Sahara Desert sun to bring extra electricity to European homes... Siemens...will try to prove the estimated $555 billion Desertec project...