Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Netherlands
Canadian govt. releases guidance for private sector support for human rights defenders & civic freedoms
Author: Global Affairs Canada
"CSR Snapshot #7 – Private Sector Support for Human Rights Defenders: A Primer for Canadian Businesses", 04 Mar 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Women human rights defenders
- Related companies: ABN Amro adidas Airbnb Anglo American Apple Associated British Foods Barrick Gold BMW Cisco Systems Daimler FIFA Goldcorp Leber Jeweler Microsoft Nike Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Tahoe Resources Unilever
Author: Red Colombia del Pacto Global, Comité Minero energético, Guías Colombia, FIP
“Las iniciativas multiactor recomiendan cómo pueden las empresas respetar los DDHH” – 9 de marzo de 2019...
ABN Amro publishes 2nd human rights report highlighting progress on addressing privacy, discrimination, labour rights & land rights
Author: ABN Amro
"...This second Human Rights Report builds on earlier publications such as the 2015 Human Rights Guide, the 2016 Human Rights Report and the 2017 Update. [ABN AMRO] explain[s] the progress... made over the past two years in addressing salient human...
- Related companies: ABN Amro
Author: Anglo American, adidas, Unilever, ABN-AMRO, Investor Alliance for Human Rights, Leber Jeweller, Domini, Primark
“Apoyando las libertades cívicas, las personas defensoras de los derechos humanos y el respeto por el estado de derecho” -10 de diciembre de 2018...
Author: BankTrack & Oxfam Australia
This paper reviews banks’ responsibilities and provides suggestions and recommendations for how banks can develop and implement effective operational-level grievance mechanisms that will be legitimate, trusted and meet their responsibilities under the...
Author: Laura Paddison, Guardian
"HSBC triggers investigation into palm oil company over deforestation allegations", 17 July 2017...
"The next frontier: the concept of corporate human rights defenders”, Dutch Min. for Foreign Trade & Development
Author: Lilianne Ploumen, Dutch Minister for Foreign Trade and Development Cooperation
"Speech minister Ploumen on international business and human rights", 19 April 2017...
- Related stories: Business, civic freedoms and human rights defenders: Which developments and ideas did we put in the spotlight?
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news on National Action Plans Positive initiatives by businesses to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: ABN Amro adidas General Electric IBM Natural Fruit Nike S Group Tiffany Unilever
Commentary: The Legal Case Map, a key resource for firms' human rights & modern slavery risk management
Author: Kristina Novak, Liberty Asia
"Innovative Tech Tools Changing Modern Slavery Risk Perception", 13 Apr 2017...